• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He has a right to his opinion, protected by the First Amendment, and he shouldn't be criticized for having one nor should others try to suppress it!

Criticizing his opinion is no a violation of his 1A rights, it's everyone else exercising theirs.

If anything, your post falls closer to the suppression of speech than those who posted in disagreement with his. Many of us disagree, you suggested opposing opinions should not be stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    My interpretation of the 2nd amendment is right to own guns, allowing any random, possibly unqualified person to carry one in public where my family and I might be isn't part of that. My opinions certainly are mine, and in this case, somebody else's different interpretation can put my and those around me's lives at risk. If it doesn't affect me, I don't give a rat's ass about it, but in case it certainly does.

...the right to keep and bear arms...

bear[SUP]1[/SUP]

ber/
    verb
    verb: bear; 3rd person present: bears; past tense: bore; gerund or present participle: bearing; past participle: borne
    (of a person) carry.
    "he was bearing a tray of brimming glasses"
    synonyms:carry, bring, transport, move, convey, take, fetch, deliver, tote, lug "I come bearing gifts"

There is a constitutional right to bear (carry) arms. You don't get to decide who has and who does not have that right.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    "Opinions" should be maturely stated with respect and without insult, which wasn't always the case in this thread.

And if someone disagrees with the masses, they are automatically wrong? Apparently so with this group.

Sad...

I don't know. I still unload my pistol by extracting and ejecting the live round into my palm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    We need LTC classes in order to be safe. Then everyone with a gun in public will know all of the laws, when they can draw, when they can shoot, when they should shoot, never miss, or hit innocent bystanders....

Just like the police. Oh wait...

LTC won't go away, even with CC. There are still benefits like GFSZ, NICS bypass, and the big one: reciprocity.

I believe everyone that is trusted to be in public on their own should be allowed to buy, own, and carry a firearm. If people are too dangerous to carry a gun, they shouldn't be in public. They could beat someone to death with a pipe or a brick or their hands or their feet or stab someone or run over someone with a car etc.

Now a real common sense solution is to remove anyone who is too dangerous to carry a gun from public.

An alternative solution is to limit CC people to 9mm and below. That way they will only annoy anything they hit by accident. If they were allowed to carry a .45, it would likely result in Armageddon, which nobody wants except the lawyers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If HG has a problem with the 2A or hell with the 1st Amendment, he should make it his life's work to change it

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Guess someone is playing dirty pool. This was sent out this morning from AM Texas Gun Sense.

>>Dear Texas LTC Instructor,

You may know that HB 1911, which eliminates the requirement for people to obtain a license to carry, was voted out of committee and sits in House Calendars. There is a risk that it will go to the House floor if people don't speak up. I'm sure most of you agree that unlicensed carry is not safe for gun owners or the general public. As trainers, you know how important it is that people understand the law, and how to use a gun before carrying in public. Will you speak up to try and keep the LTC program in Texas? You can call these reps. below, and if you'd prefer to send an email, it is first name.lastname@house.texas.gov. Your voice will make a difference!>>

Needless to say I didn't respond.
    A quick search of the Texas Gun Sense corporation shows who's behind it:

They're a bunch of wealthy Austin socialites, and the organization is bankrolled by none other than New York City's finest gremlin: Bloomberg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    How about "well regulated?" :D

For the record, on one hand, I think it would be great if there was a useful proficiency test for people carrying guns out in public. On the other hand, should CC pass, it would still at least legally and in theory restrict criminals from carrying those. On the other other hand, should CC pass, I expect a similar backlash as when open carry passed, i.e. suddenly places who never gave it a thought put up 30.06 and 30.07 signs.

Well regulated, in the context of the period when the 2nd amendment was written, meant " well supplied; maintained well"

It had everything to do with the state of readiness of the militia, and nothing at all to do with the rules regarding the ownership of weapons.

There's a neat infographic about it online

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom