• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    any thoughts on emerson knives? from what i hear, they are pretty "up there" when it comes to making knives. but im not much of a knife person to know the quality of various brands (i got my kershaw from walmart lozl) .. so any thoughts is appreciated, the knife i want is roughly $190 so i want to make sure its worth it lol.
    Guns International

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I have an Emerson designed CQC7 (I believe) made by Benchmade a while back. I suspect Emerson is maintaining the same or better quality as Benchmade and imagine you would be very happy. I'm a Benchmade guy myself but regardless like any tool I prefer to buy quality once, or a second time if the wife does'nt notice.

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I used to work for Emerson. Nothing to do with knives, but I used to manage their network and computers (2001-2002) as a consultant. My business partner actually did their web site in 2001 which apparently hasn't changed much.

I always enjoyed working with them, they're standup guys. They used to have this guy there named Derek, guy was HUGE but also one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Emerson himself was also extremely nice and definitely a standup guy.

I'm not a knife guy, but they were always great to deal with as customers. I wonder if they still have the same office in Torrance.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    knives that expensive and they lack any sort of warranty information on their website. but hopefully i wont need to worry about that, but in case i do, i hope their customer service is A++

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    knives that expensive and they lack any sort of warranty information on their website. but hopefully i wont need to worry about that, but in case i do, i hope their customer service is A++

I recall them having a lifetime warranty, and I was able to find this:
    http://www.emersonknives.com/EK_Guarantee.html

Sounds like your typical lifetime warranty, valid only against manufacturer defects not from neglect, but none the less...

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    2a3fab.jpg

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I own a CQC-7BW that I carry religously, and despite what the warranty says, you break it, they fix it... knives, like guns are a you get what you pay for area. I own many knives and most have what the average person would consider to be a high price. But my son will be carrying a few of them when he is my age....

jdr8712

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Austin area
    Emerson=Best Knives

Benchmade copies Emerson so don't be confused between the quality of Benchmade and Emerson.

Emerson, in my opinion, is the BEST quality knife on the market today. Can't beat their customer service, either.

You made a great and safe purchase, my friend :-)

The CQC7 is my favorite. Tanto blade, combo edge. Extremely high quality workmanship.

cjklekar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Texas
    Cqc-7

Another vote for the Emerson CQC-7; I've had the Tanto blade version for a number of years. Carried it everyday, on and off-duty.

I lost the durn thing at work/office and I hoped that someone would've put it in the lost & found...no such luck.

I purchased another one; I'm not carrying it as much. I'm carrying either a Benchmade assisted opener or a SOG Flash II.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    You'll like the Emerson. They pretty much have a lifetime warranty and they are stand up guys as far as I know. I have owned 2 a Commander and now a Super 7. Beat the living crap out of the Commander without being able to damage it. Wore the finish, but couldnt break it. The Super 7 and my Strider are knives I am willing to bet my life on.

Top Bottom