• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Ok, I'm greasing my wheels getting ready for our move back home. I get to do a lot of shopping once we do. But until then I can only look online and lick my chops at the prospects.

I'm really itching to get ahold of a Springfield EMP 9mm and with any luck, I can find one easily, maybe shoot and take home asap

Anyone have one? Anyone been able to customize it any as far as aftermarket parts? I realize they come with night sights, bt grip safety and ambi, but come on! All I see are the same pictures...they're all two tone wearing the same SA wood grips! Gimme something new!
    ARJ Defense ad

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Sorry, but the Devil made me do it

Picture004.gif

IMG_0090-1.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0110-1.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    its hard to find grips that will fit it because your standard officer size grips will not. davidson makes grips for it.

magazines are also hard to come by and usually pretty expensive... Overall its a nice shooter, the build and quality is A+, great gun to ahve, but for the price, i would rather invest in STI.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Good stuff Midnightrider!! Are you able to reliably run FMJ and JHP through it?

Grips should be the first thing out to get those puppies customized. 1911 grips are simple to make, just take the stock dimensions and apply to a new blank. Though kudos to the Monkey Grips, they are nice!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice setup Phil! Just curious but, is that a rigger's belt from CSMGear? I've been thinking about buying one from them. If so, how do you like it? Seems like a real solid and durable belt.

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Good stuff Midnightrider!! Are you able to reliably run FMJ and JHP through it?

Grips should be the first thing out to get those puppies customized. 1911 grips are simple to make, just take the stock dimensions and apply to a new blank. Though kudos to the Monkey Grips, they are nice!

Mine doesn't seem to like JHP, I was waiting for Wilson's new 9mm mags because I think that the SA's aren't setting right in the receiver. the JHP seem to jam into the ram instead of loading as they should. I've also had this happen with FMJ's, but not often. SA says it's a break-in issue so I'll reserve judgement for now.

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Nice setup Phil! Just curious but, is that a rigger's belt from CSMGear? I've been thinking about buying one from them. If so, how do you like it? Seems like a real solid and durable belt.

Nope, it's a 5.11 tactical operators belt, I've got them in black and tan. They are great for casual wear and are almost indestructable.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Mine doesn't seem to like JHP, I was waiting for Wilson's new 9mm mags because I think that the SA's aren't setting right in the receiver. the JHP seem to jam into the ram instead of loading as they should. I've also had this happen with FMJ's, but not often. SA says it's a break-in issue so I'll reserve judgement for now.
    are you talking about wilson's new ETM 9mm mags?? cause if so they wont fit the EMP. EMP mags are alot more narrow, unless wilson is making mags for the EMP, if so then ROCK ON.

Carry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Sorry, but the Devil made me do it

Picture004.gif

IMG_0090-1.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0110-1.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

This is quite nice looking!! (This is an understatement.)

I have an XD9SC, but looking for something in a 9 mm that is more concealable. Perhaps I haven't tried hard enough to make clothing modifications, but I need to figure this out.

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    This is quite nice looking!! (This is an understatement.)

I have an XD9SC, but looking for something in a 9 mm that is more concealable. Perhaps I haven't tried hard enough to make clothing modifications, but I need to figure this out.

Thanks, I had an XD9sc and carried in a Gould and Goodrich OWB highride. I concealed nicely OWB just to thick for IWB.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    great pics, nice guns ... tried to get one about six months ago; my dealer said his distributor hadn't seen one in ages and had no idea when he'd be getting any.

saved about $400 and got a Kimber Ultra Carry II ... totally reliable so far ... and it's a .45 ...

Top Bottom