End of the Year

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Texas1911, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    THANKS FOR A GOOD YEAR :fighting0002:

Well... we are nearing the end of the year for 2009, and I think we did pretty good. We gained 2,796 new members as of today, and many of them have been very avid posters and contributors of good info. We broke the 100,000 post mark and the 10,000 threads mark as well.

We put together some pretty fun events, and I am happy to see more and more people showing up. I know this will be a goal for 2010 as well.

Furthermore, I'd like to ask you guys / gals what you think we need to improve on, and what you'd like to see added to the forum.

2. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    :texas:Honestly this is the best board I use, so far the users apply common sense when posting, it's enjoyable to read and post, all I could suggest is keep up the good work.

3. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Alan,

Thanks to you and the people behind the scene that makes this great site available for us to use!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    + alot!

6. Dcav

Dcav TGT Addict

Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Definetly a fun and informative forum. i look foward to heading out to some of the events posted (when I dont get lost :mad0071:). Lots of good info and advice gained from the people here. Not to mention tons of good laughs while at work from all the funny stuff posted. Got a group group of guys/gals here.

One of the new members for the year as well. Was made to feel right at home here after escaping NY.

7. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

+1. If not in the Home Town section, then perhaps just a generic photo gallery for posting photos of events for all to see as well as other interesting topic related photos.

And thanks to those behind the scenes who make the forum work so well.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
  9. ConnRadd

ConnRadd Active Member

I'm proud to say that I'm one of the new members for 2009. TGT has many experienced gun owners which has been very helpful for me. As well, I do enjoy a forum that allows more just their standard format (Politics, Off The Subject, jokes, etc.)... I do appreciate what everyone here has done and looking forward for 2010. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year... Be Safe!

10. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Very good job Alan and thanks for the fine forum.
    The one area that REALLY would mean a lot to us would be a little more support on our local events.
    I understand the monetary issues you face but we could better grow our local areas with banners or flags to fly at our monthly meets.
    Shirts, hats, sticky name badges with a big TGT on them anything that helps identify us.
    Thanks

Mo