• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    iOwnTheWorld.com » Blog Archive » Endangered Eyeless Spider Indefinitely Delays $15M Texas Highway Project

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (CBS Houston) — An endangered eyeless spider is holding up a $15 million Texas highway project.
    Construction of the highway underpass project on Texas 151 was indefinitely delayed after a biologist consultant with the Texas Department of Transportation discovered the Braken Bat Cave meshweaver, according to San Antonio Express-News.
    The Express-News reports the spider, which is about the size of a dime, was added to the endangered species list 12 years ago.
    Dr Jean Krejca of Zara Environmental told the paper the finding of this spider is like ”stumbling on a new Galapagos Island.”
    Department spokesperson Josh Donat says it’s just now a wait-and-see plan on what to do.
    MORE
    [SNIP] From the comment section:
    “Then it should be forever preserved in concrete.”

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    there used to be a geocache on that hill.

i found it a long time ago, while doing so i almost walked into this

45109_1453299223938_1889826_n.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    My initial response to this type story is always 'on with mankind'.
    The Bald Eagle, California Condor, and American Alligator were all on the endangered/threatened species list. Without any one of these animals, ecosystems, however 'localized', would be thrown out of balance. While a spider may seem insignificant, it was Created for a reason and effects the balance somewhere - somehow.

I ain't smart 'nough to know the real answer. Flame suit on

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I like having spiders around.

Since I got my large population of little Anole lizards that came in with plants that I bought, most of my spiders are history! Crickets are gone, too! I love my lizards!!!

Flash

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Sure, I guess spiders are okay, but build the damn road. I'm less worried about spiders than our increasing population tearing up more and more woodlands and peaceful places to build strip center, apartments, and new neigborhoods.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I heard that some little rat was endangered on the news, out in west Texas. As many as i ran over at night, you could have swore they weren't. Go figure...

Top Bottom