ARJ Defense ad

Enough is enough. Shutdown interfering with craft brewers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    duvel-basis-teaser.jpg
    Guns International

Attachments

• duvel-basis-teaser.jpg
      duvel-basis-teaser.jpg
      36.2 KB · Views: 372

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Beer is to girlie men what craft beer is to millenials.

I have no earthly idea what that means.

Heavy dark unrefrigerated brews are what our great-grandfathers drank!

At the moment I'm drinking a "Black Quad" brewed by Real Ale down in Blanco.
    It's a black quadruple Belgian ale.
    Beer the way it was meant to be.
    At 10.7% alcohol it could be used with a bore brush to remove copper fouling!
    Definitely not a pinky-in-the-air libation by anyone's experience.

If you think Real Ale Brewery does chocolate and raspberry cream foo-foo effeminate craft brews you are misinformed and would probably enjoy learning more.
    Go tour Real Ale or any craft brewery. It's a great educational experience.

Currently, in the corner, I have yeast chewing on 15 lbs. of raw Honey. Trying to reapproximate what our mediaeval ancestors drank.

I will never be critical of a man who drinks Bud or Miller or Coors or Lone Star.
    I will objectively observe, however, that they are all virtually tasteless seltzer water.

Potent high alcohol craft brews approximate what Pearl and Lone Star brewed pre-prohibition.
    After the 21st amendment legalized alcohol, beers were then toned way way down to appeal to the masses.

Back on topic:
    TABC has a lot of rules applicable to beer labeling.
    BATFE approves labels for truth-in-advertising purposes. They are closed. into the 22nd day.

And, yes.....this may or may not be unneeded government intrusion but it's the law. And this quad ale is sublime.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    At the moment I'm drinking a "Black Quad" brewed by Real Ale down in Blanco. It's a black quadruple Belgian ale. Beer the way it was meant to be.
    I'll have to give that a try. I have been drinking their Brewhouse brown ale and like it. I like their Coffee Porter also. I want to try their Nitro dry stout but it is draught only so I'll have to make a drive to do it. Some of their best beers are only available in bombers or draught.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    If you see this 6-pack buy it.
    Thanks for posting that. I would not have looked for it otherwise, but found it, and bought it, at my local HEB today.

BTW, I always thought bombers were the large 22oz bottles. I see they are calling these 12oz bottles bombers also.

Seeing as how the 22oz bombers cost $5.99 each, this 6 pack of 12oz bottles at $8.99 is a steal!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Real Ale is one of my favorite breweries, I'm definitely stopping by next time I'm in the area. I love their coffee porter (among others similar style). I somewhat accidentally brewed a near clone of 8th Wonder's Rocket Fuel, sans-coffee. Next time I do a batch of that I'm definitely adding coffee to see just how close I get, and them I'm going to take 'em some (my bro-in-law works there).

Top Bottom