Target Sports

Enough of This Negative News! This if for the Old Guys!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    When my stepmom married my father, she had a 1965 SS Impala, but with a 327 and a Powerglide. I frigging loved that car! White with a black interior, and Cragar SS wheels on it.
    Hey Axxe,

Just talkin' to a friend...

I ever hit the LOTTO... I'm a have a retro mod 65 SS!

500cid crate motor...Lenco? 5 speed..? Ford 4 link 9" rear....

4 wheel disc brakes....

Yep. White with black interior. (remember the ashtrays on the back of the seats?)

Yes sir!

Later, Mark
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hey Axxe,

Just talkin' to a friend...

I ever hit the LOTTO... I'm a have a retro mod 65 SS!

500cid crate motor...Lenco? 5 speed..? Ford 4 link 9" rear....

4 wheel disc brakes....

Yep. White with black interior. (remember the ashtrays on the back of the seats?)

Yes sir!

Later, Mark

I have just always liked that body style of Impala.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1628627269543.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Still like those Cragar SS mags.
    Do either of you remember the ET Mags?

They looked very similar to the Cragar SS mags, but they had the spokes painted either white or black, with a chrome outer rim.

Dad had a set on his white 1960 Thunderbird that had the white spokes, and Tiger-Paw 60's on them.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I had a ‘63 SS exactly like this one. 327 with Powerglide; not exactly a performance giant but a really nice ride

Attachments

• 88D7BE35-3C6B-4624-9633-C4843BAE7AF6.jpeg
      88D7BE35-3C6B-4624-9633-C4843BAE7AF6.jpeg
      52.7 KB · Views: 50

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I was a kid in the 40's and our first TV was a huge Dumont that cost in those day $1,000 and I believe Grandpa bought it in the late 40's or early 50's. Had AM tuner, record player, and I believe we got three channels, all poor reception even with an antenna on the roof. This was an apartment building in The Bronx. Sid Cesear, Amateur Hour, Ed Sullivan and others. The only thing air conditioned was movie theaters. I spent a lot of time in them in the summer.
    I never heard about pedophiles as a kid. I grew up in a rough neighborhood and knew never to talk to strangers and all of that routine. I routinely traveled NYC as a 6-7 year old by subway and elevated train by myself. Had family that I visited in different parts of the city.
    Now that would be child abuse. Times have changed. Learned firearm safety and shooting in the cub scouts. I doubt that the scouts do that in this woke climate.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Do either of you remember the ET Mags?

They looked very similar to the Cragar SS mags, but they had the spokes painted either white or black, with a chrome outer rim.

Dad had a set on his white 1960 Thunderbird that had the white spokes, and Tiger-Paw 60's on them.
    Yes.

Also, "Gold" was a color option on the ET Mags....

1628640730958.png

Neighbor had these on his van...(50yrs ago, already)...

Later, Mark

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    When we had 3 channels on TV, one of the channels would show a sci-fi type movie every Friday morning. It was also dialing for dollars, so you had to have count and the amount.
    Great summer fun.
    I know none of you what the count and amount is….
    Someone took a white pages phone book and cut it into squares of 24 numbers. The count was up to 12 numbers from the top or up to 12 numbers from the bottom of the slip.
    The announcer would always speak the count (top or bottom) and the amount and announce it. If your phone rang and you the answer, then you won the money. The current amount of the prize. The amount normally increments by about $10.00 per day. Righteous money back in the day. People made about $1.00/hr at the time.
    By the way, the White Pages was where everyone’s phone number in town was listed, unless you paid extra to not be listed…

Top Bottom