Entering USA vs entering Canada, COVID style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    USA
    Walk up to the southern border, get a hot meal and a place to sleep for free, and await a bus to take you somewhere in the USA for free. Feel free to infect as many people as you like.

Canada
    We strongly advise Canadians to cancel or postpone non-essential travel plans outside of Canada. Now is not the time to travel.

People who travel by air for non-essential reasons, such as vacation, will face new measures and expenses when they return to Canada.

Travellers must still provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours before their scheduled departure time. In the near future, travellers will also be required to:

take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival in Canada
    stay in a hotel for 3 nights while they await the results of the COVID-19 molecular test they received on arrival
    pay for their hotel, as well as all associated costs for food, cleaning and security
    Your cost for this stay is $2000.00

Travellers will still be required to complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine.

All hotels will be located near one of the 4 Canadian airports currently accepting international flights:

Vancouver International Airport
    Calgary International Airport
    Toronto Pearson International Airport
    Montreal-Trudeau International Airport

A full list of hotels will be available shortly.
    ARJ Defense ad

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Well, "Never let a crisis go to waste," is a mantra of the DemonRats who we have allowed to steal the election, and the POWER that they sought. Canada is treating China Virus as a disease, our "elected* officials," the morally superior elites (snark) are using China Virus, to implemant their agenda of insuring that they have cheap labor for their households, and that they increase the number of DemonRat beholden!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Not much different than trying to get into Ohio. I had an important business trip scheduled up there a couple of weeks ago. Their restrictions change weekly. That week, if you fly, mandatory 14 day wait.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    I understand Hawaii is the same, requiring either a negative test 72 hours before and/or some type of waiting period before perusing the sites.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    USA
    Walk up to the southern border, get a hot meal and a place to sleep for free, and await a bus to take you somewhere in the USA for free. Feel free to infect as many people as you like.
    I didn't know you could get a hot meal. I went to Juarez on Friday for dinner and drinks. You mean I could have had them feed me free if I had just come back through? Tried Kentucky Bar, birthplace of the margarita.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I didn't know you could get a hot meal. I went to Juarez on Friday for dinner and drinks. You mean I could have had them feed me free if I had just come back through? Tried Kentucky Bar, birthplace of the margarita.
    You have to speak only Spanish for the deluxe treatment...

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I guess no one looked at the $2000.00 cost for testing/lodging that you must pay for out of pocket...
    I have a friend who's wife wanted to see relatives in the great white north, eh! That was what triggered this diatribe.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Back a few years it was fun entering Canada with Texas plates on the car. First question was about gun ownership. I told him sure, doesn't everyone. Back and forth, but couldn't get him to check out my trunk full of stinky laundry.

Reentering the USA was a pita because I might have some Canadian drugs with me.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Back a few years it was fun entering Canada with Texas plates on the car. First question was about gun ownership. I told him sure, doesn't everyone. Back and forth, but couldn't get him to check out my trunk full of stinky laundry.

Reentering the USA was a pita because I might have some Canadian drugs with me.
    Doesn’t possessing a single round of ammo in your vehicle, forfeit the vehicle at the border.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Used to live a mile from US/Canada border in a little town in VT.
    Was easy to cross
    Just walk.
    No ck point just a sign.

Northern US border is far more porous than southern as far as crossing illegally.

We used to go to Canada weekly for milk eggs and cheese at a dairy
    Milk came in 1qt bags.
    This was early 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RePete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2020
    God's Country
    Doesn’t possessing a single round of ammo in your vehicle, forfeit the vehicle at the border.

No but they will check - generally.

I live in Canada and would trip to the US for shooting competitions, sometimes I was sent to secondary but usually not. My longest wait in secondary was 1hr. I had a harder time getting back into Canada, although there were very few canadian border guards that were savvy about the gun laws.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No but they will check - generally.

I live in Canada and would trip to the US for shooting competitions, sometimes I was sent to secondary but usually not. My longest wait in secondary was 1hr. I had a harder time getting back into Canada, although there were very few canadian border guards that were savvy about the gun laws.
    Welcome to the Forum!

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    Yeppers, still required, although they have made some comments about relaxing some restrictions for the vaccines, but nothing official.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom