• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malargran

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2017
    My eo Tech hollow side the radical shows up a little blurry is there any way to make it sharper I could only make it brighter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

Tamlibtoim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2016
    Texas (Bay Area)
    That is one of the reasons i just cant use an eotech. The reticle to my eyes appears to be made up of a multitude of small dots like pointillism. I dont think they are adjustable in any way, however i dont own one so cant say for sure.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    This seems to be a common problem with some people myself included. The dot and circle shimmer like sunlight on the water as it moves across the lens. I never could shoot them well for that reason. I sold mine and bought an aimpoint. Pity, it's a really cool looking site. I don't have trouble with the RMR or other "window" sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Making he site brighter will usually make it look more "blurry".

There are things that can cause the site to become overly blurred which are often covered by warranty.

The other thing you can do is look through it with some type of magnification. If it appears clear and sharp while looking through it using a scope, or maybe laying some binos behind it, the blurryness is due to how your brain is processing the information it gets.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Statements like that prove that a person probably isn't qualified to give a reliable opinion on the subject.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Statements like that prove that a person probably isn't qualified to give a reliable opinion on the subject.

Im not a pro... I just know that Ive shot with multiple optics and when it comes to red dots and holo sights.. I can't tell much of a difference between something that is 800 dollars (Eotech) and something that is 130 dollars (random chinese knockoff)

I'm not a professional or an expert, just a guy who shoots guns.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I had a Eotech XPS 3 with bullseye reticle on my Tavor and actually really liked it and never had a problem with it.
    When the refund option became available, I sent it back. Don't know why really, but replaced it with a Aimpoint Pro. Another good option.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I read, or heard of something like this with other people. From what I gather, it has something to do with how the EOtech is more of a laser projection as opposed to an LED projected sight. There was also something said about how eye glasses can effect the "fuzzy" picture as well as something about astigmatism effecting the sight.

I ain't no expert, just passin' along what was passed to me.

jw455

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2017
    Riverton
    Im not a pro... I just know that Ive shot with multiple optics and when it comes to red dots and holo sights.. I can't tell much of a difference between something that is 800 dollars (Eotech) and something that is 130 dollars (random chinese knockoff)

I'm not a professional or an expert, just a guy who shoots guns.
    Well said!

Spoonie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    SETX
    To help with clarity:
    1. Look through the sight at the target. Don't focus on the reticle.
    2. Open both eyes.
    3. Turn it down as low as you can and still see the reticle.

That being said, bad eyesight(astigmatism mostly) plays hell on seeing red dot sights. Doubly so if you wear contacts. I have to blink my eyes from time to time even with Aimpoints which are arguably better than at this particular issue than Eotech.

To the guy who said that the chinese clones are as good. You've gotta be kidding me? To say they are acceptable for some people or uses, I'll go with that. Otherwise, no way. That's coming from a guy who was an ardent Eotech fan until the Great Lie of 2016. They're still decent sights just not at the top of the hill as they once were.

dw257

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    While looking at the dot, turn the sight and see if it changes. If it changes it is the dot, if it doesn't, astigmatism. I suffer from the latter.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom