• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And to add to it:

Gates funds millions to NGO claiming kids born sexual, 10-year-olds should learn about 'commercial sex work'​

https://www.foxnews.com/media/gates...r-olds-should-learn-about-commercial-sex-work

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation donates millions annually to a nongovernmental organization which claims that children are born sexual and should learn about "commercial sex work" under 10 years of age.

The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) – a separate entity from the U.S. nonprofit – wields significant influence on global sex education. The NGO comprises 120 independent organizations in over 146 countries and has received – including its European network – over $80M from Gates. Other significant donors included the World Health Organization.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have spent most of my life carefully reading complex things and turning them into real-world action. The United States Code is a real bitch.

So...it would be easy for me to point out that these writings don't exactly say what they're being hyped as. The phrasing is careful and the various news medias are exaggerating by not mentioning some parts and presenting other parts without context or nuance.

But that's not the point.

Old me has learned that when people carefully write about topics like this to say things they can reasonably defend, there's more going on.

I used to make fun of people who weren't literal in the way they read things.

With age, I've come to know better.

That visceral "ick factor" that we feel when this stuff comes up is tough to put in words but most of us have reached a point in life where we've learned to trust our gut.

Academically, it would be fun for me to take a contrarian position and poke fun at the over-reaction in the news media and in this thread. It would be a fun intellectual exercise.

Realistically, this is how evil advances itself.

It is, indeed, time for the pitchforks and torches. We just need to know which castle to storm.

That, I'm afraid, will be pretty difficult to discern. But I'm willing to listen to ideas on that subject.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I have spent most of my life carefully reading complex things and turning them into real-world action. The United States Code is a real bitch.

So...it would be easy for me to point out that these writings don't exactly say what they're being hyped as. The phrasing is careful and the various news medias are exaggerating by not mentioning some parts and presenting other parts without context or nuance.

Old me has learned that when people carefully write about topics like this to say things they can reasonably defend, there's more going on.

That visceral "ick factor" that we feel when this stuff comes up is tough to put in words but most of us have reached a point in life where we've learned to trust our gut.

Academically, it would be fun for me to take a contrarian position and poke fun at the over-reaction in the news media and in this thread. It would be a fun intellectual exercise.

It is, indeed, time for the pitchforks and torches. We just need to know which castle to storm.

That, I'm afraid, will be pretty difficult to discern. But I'm willing to listen to ideas on that subject.
    Hmmmm?

Mayhaps all on the Epstein Island frequent flyer list?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    rEmluqG.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Which castle? All of them. Every last one. All filled with corrupt, wretched individuals with few to no redeeming qualities.

Did I lose another toy or something? I thought @Sam7sf found all my lost toys. :laughing: Honestly though - I'm glad I haven't seen THIS come thru the ER at work yet. Its just a matter of time, no doubt.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...Its just a matter of time, no doubt.
    30 years ago, comically large examples existed only as promo items to be displayed at industry gatherings. However, given the fact that even larger sizes are being widely sold these days, I'd bet that, indeed, it's only a matter of time before you personally see injuries from this cause. Others already have.

Sometimes I think to myself "Nobody would actually buy that. They could kill themselves with something like that!" Yet those things sized for the Jolly Green Giant do, indeed, sell in far greater quantities than I could have ever imagined.

Lump the folks that use them in with the people who use light bulbs and other items that break into sharp bits capable of slicing skin and suddenly baboon's post begins to seem as if it were not a joke.

If exsanguination due to injury causes death in these cases, is "massive stupidity" listed as a contributing factor on the death certificates? ;)

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Which castle? All of them. Every last one. All filled with corrupt, wretched individuals with few to no redeeming qualities.

Did I lose another toy or something? I thought @Sam7sf found all my lost toys. :laughing: Honestly though - I'm glad I haven't seen THIS come thru the ER at work yet. Its just a matter of time, no doubt.
    The people that lived next-door to my parents house were in the medical field. Early on he worked at Statesville Prision. He described a guard whole had one of those old school Mag Light 4 cells shoved his ass past the on off switch. He told how the guard was buns up, with his pants around his ankles with the light on. He said as the guy screamed out in pain the light bean moved around shinning in everyones eyes.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The people that lived next-door to my parents house were in the medical field. Early on he worked at Statesville Prision. He described a guard whole had one of those old school Mag Light 4 cells shoved his ass past the on off switch. He told how the guard was buns up, with his pants around his ankles with the light on. He said as the guy screamed out in pain the light bean moved around shinning in everyones eyes.
    Some things cannot be unseen…ugh

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Grendor
    Top Bottom