• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    AustinN4, their website makes it super easy to do. They do ask for your full SSN, but it’s a secure website. And it will confirm the security locking code will be sent via snail mail. (Took a little longer than I was expecting but like the “big three”, I suspect they’re probably swamped with locking requests at the moment).

You're right.
    Using Roboform, took less than 30 seconds
    Now for the snail mail lottery ...
    ARJ Defense ad

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    AustinN4, their website makes it super easy to do. They do ask for your full SSN, but it’s a secure website. And it will confirm the security locking code will be sent via snail mail. (Took a little longer than I was expecting but like the “big three”, I suspect they’re probably swamped with locking requests at the moment).
    Just did it. The easiest one of the 4 CBs.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I've been able to do all of them but equifax.. equifax keeps failing.......
    That is the problem I have with Experian so don't feel lonely.
    ETA update: I don't know what my problem was 2 weeks agon, but my request to Experian sailed thru this time and Was able to print my pin. I must have blown one of their security questions last time.

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Received my certificate of insurance from Equifax. Hope I never need it.

Ditto. Two files; a 5-page “Overview” of the coverage and then a multi-page copy of the actual Identity Thief Protection Insurance Coverage policy (up to $1M liability, which continues indefinitely). I made it a point to save both of these files in multiple locations (both soft copy & hard copies).

Appears that Equifax is now at least trying to do something positive for consumers (more likely, an attempt to keep Congress off their backs and from imposing much more restrictive laws governing their type of operation).

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yep, saw that on the news last night or the night before. Doesn’t look like Equifax has learned their lesson yet! They’re going to have to hire (& pay the going rate for) a true IT professional rather than a music teacher!

Top Bottom