• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2021
    houston
    Well, I did it. I was able to move here through my job. Goodbye Fontucky and hello Katy TX. Been wanting to get out for over 10 years. In CA, I would browse through the classifieds which people posted daily everyday and I bought many guns that way. Had to do the 10 day wait and extra tax. I noticed a small number of gun sales in the private sub in TGT. In CA before I left, there were a ton of overpriced used guns. I was at Academy the other day and saw reasonable prices. I saw 3 p365: 630 for NRA version and 530 for a black. Glocks around MSRP. But in CA - $1000 for p365 and $700 used glocks. But I passed on that 365 because I have plenty of guns. I have plenty of ammo too. I may consider selling some.

Did my research before my move here to America and got my cars registered in TX and got my TDL in 1 week. I love my big house here.
    Texas SOT

FLZ_Boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2020
    ALLEN
    Welcome! I also escaped Kalifornia last year.

It's a great feeling to purchase the toys you want. The only problem is availability at the current time.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    Welcome, I came from the same area of the People’s Republic of California. Been here almost 2 years and regret moving anywhere near Austin (SF east). What we need is for people to speak up about all the carnage that Democrats have done to the once great state of CA. We need to fight like hell to keep Texas from turning into a complete Sh1t hole. #keeptexasred
    #makeaustintexasagain

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Holy shit you lived in Fontucky!!
    I’ve always thought that was the best name ever, and perfectly fitting

My wife grew up in Corona and Norco...I was in the OC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Well, you moved to about the worst traffic area of Texas. I hope that works out for you. As others have said, don't Komifornia my Texas, and we will accept you just fine. I might add that there are two distinct gun cultures in Texas. Urban, and rural. They have large differences. In your house in town, the only real need for a gun close by is to protect your family and property from malicious humans. In a house out in the country, or out on the farm, you also needs different kinds of guns close by to eliminate threats such as coyotes, hogs, poisonous snakes, etc. And since we may encounter them in your truck, or side by side, gun racks are still very useful.

Top Bottom