• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thorium

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't worry, I'm already more Texan than Californian.

Long-time on calguns.net under same screen name. Work relocation to DFW area later this year.

I've been able to legally work around most the ridiculous California gun laws so far, albeit I had to become an amateur attorney in the process (e.g., check out this 4.7 lb, 80%-based AR pistol, totally CA legal, but has a "bullet button" and had to be registered as an "assault weapon" with California recently).

AR Pistol Photo (Medium) (Custom).jpg

I even have had a mythical CA CCW for many years (but again so many hoops to make that stuff happen).

I'm going to do the TX LTC class & fingerprints here in a couple weeks during next business trip to TX.

Now for the one question I have up front! Suppressors! Never been able to get my hands on them in CA!

I've already selected 3 cans I want to get going ASAP after getting to TX: Rifle (SilencerCo Omega 300), Pistol (Ti-Rant 9M), and .22 (Q Erector).

The question: What are the steps necessary to establish residency in TX, and any other prerequisites, before I can legally buy the cans and start the ATF jail time?

P.S. Yes, I'll tell everyone in CA that Texas is closed. And no public land, got it.
    ARJ Defense ad

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Welcome to TGT.
    Glad you were able to escape Commiefornia, seems we've been getting quite a few of yall escapees around here lately.

At least you can buy real guns now & only takes about 10 minutes to walk away with your new man toy.

Here's some info about being a resident.

"To verify Texas residency, an individual must present two documents from the drop down menu below. Both documents must contain the individual’s name and residential address. One of the documents must verify that the individual has lived in Texas for at least 30 days. This 30 day requirement is waived for individuals who are surrendering a valid, unexpired driver license from another state.

Individuals who are unable to provide two acceptable documents may be eligible to complete a Texas Residency Affidavit."

Drivers license
    https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/residencyReqNonCDL.htm

LTC/CHL
    https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/faqs/index.htm

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    That is what you all say.

I'm sure once they come here they get on calguns.net & tell everyone how cool Texas is & if you wanna be able to buy a gun in 10 minutes come on over :laughing:

I wonder how many post over there are about coming from Commifornia to be a Texas transplant & life is good here...lol

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Oh man...you just missed the SiCo BOGO sale last month!
    (So did I, was crazy busy at work)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    OP seems to be doing pretty good for himself in that place.

Never specifically mentions intent to move here, just implies it he’ll be a ‘work relocation’.

States he’s traveling here for business.

Guess that part about not being Texan was right.

Maybe I’m jaundiced.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Welcome fellow left coast gun person. Oregon gun nut here. I bet you will miss Jerry Brown as much as I will miss Kate brown. Two peas in a terd. I’ll be in euless myself.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I bought boots when I first moved here. does that count?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I did too when we arrived from the Left Coast. I wear them every day I'm not on a river or lake. :) I too like to troll my friends that are still behind the plastic straw curtain with my multi-gun impulse buys.. :) I'd say welcome to Texas y'all, but I'm sure I've earned that right quite yet.

Top Bottom