• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thorium

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OP seems to be doing pretty good for himself in that place.

Never specifically mentions intent to move here, just implies it he’ll be a ‘work relocation’.

States he’s traveling here for business.

Guess that part about not being Texan was right.

Maybe I’m jaundiced.

I’m still negotiating the relocation, so it is not a done deal yet, but 75% chance I’ll be moving. I’d like to move.

I’m traveling to the area for business in a couple weeks since I haven’t moved yet, and doing thr LTC class while there so I’d have that in place upon move.

I get why there’s antipathy towards the influx of out of state residents. Especially from insane liberal states like CA. Population increase is a downside to the great TX economy, but it has lots of upsides too, like your property value increasing or your business getting more customers. But you should want some of the newcomers to be libertarians like me to balance out any progressives coming in who would vote for Beto, right?

Think of me as reinforcements, who understands I’ll have to earn the title of “Texan” — what do you all think I should work on to earn my star?

I’d need to integrate into the community anyways. Perhaps some volunteer work on behalf of gun rights, where could I do that in DFW area?

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I’m still negotiating the relocation, so it is not a done deal yet, but 75% chance I’ll be moving. I’d like to move.

I’m traveling to the area for business in a couple weeks since I haven’t moved yet, and doing thr LTC class while there so I’d have that in place upon move.

I get why there’s antipathy towards the influx of out of state residents. Especially from insane liberal states like CA. Population increase is a downside to the great TX economy, but it has lots of upsides too, like your property value increasing or your business getting more customers. But you should want some of the newcomers to be libertarians like me to balance out any progressives coming in who would vote for Beto, right?

Think of me as reinforcements, who understands I’ll have to earn the title of “Texan” — what do you all think I should work on to earn my star?

I’d need to integrate into the community anyways. Perhaps some volunteer work on behalf of gun rights, where could I do that in DFW area?
    once you buy a house in Texas you'll realize that increased property value is a double edged sword.

What works best is just to not admit your from out of state unless specifically asked. Most figure it out anyways by the way you act and talk.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Just make sure you vote straight republican.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Think had a typo there Soppy.

It's also required of all imports to watch Texas Rising. It's free on Amazon Prime.

Top Bottom