• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Cool to have another Cali person leave that awful state. I too remember leaving San Mateo, CA twelve years ago and did not look back ever since then. I now own more guns here then I did my entire thirty years of living in CA.
    Military Camp

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    He's the greatest. Not a mean bone in his body. When I work nights I can park in the driveway, unlock the front door and go in the bedroom and wake him up. Not the best guard dog but my daughter stands on him and he doesn't even open his eyes.

We had a black lab dag for a few years. She was a sweetheart. Big old slobbery goofball. You're right, labs make for a lousy watchdog. She would want to play fetch with an intruder. LMAO.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Cool to have another Cali person leave that awful state. I too remember leaving San Mateo, CA twelve years ago and did not look back ever since then. I now own more guns here then I did my entire thirty years of living in CA.

I

Last edited:

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    So true, I have always felt less than an American citizen in that State but when I arrived in Texas I felt like an American again. I visited states like NM, Georgia, and Nevada thinking I should move there but when I got hired by my current employer for the Houston area I did not hesitate one bit. I love hunting and fishing here and also taking drives around the State. I especially like attending shoot meets here and seeing more gun friendly minded people unlike CA where I felt like I was in a resistant movement.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    So true, I have always felt less than an American citizen in that State but when I arrived in Texas I felt like an American again. I visited states like NM, Georgia, and Nevada thinking I should move there but when I got hired by my current employer for the Houston area I did not hesitate one bit. I love hunting and fishing here and also taking drives around the State. I especially like attending shoot meets here and seeing more gun friendly minded people unlike CA where I felt like I was in a resistant movement.

I

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Nice, Thanks! I will definitely take him there. He wont get out of the water. I take him to the dog park over here and he finds any small pool of water and just flops down with his hind legs straight out. He loves it. And I like it because it's not hard on his hips and he gets exhausted. Any particular general area where I should look to take him.

Thanks!!!!! Although you can bring rifles, it seems like a great pistol range. This is where I will go to shoot before I buy. Looks like they have a pretty nice selection for rentals. Huge help, thank you very much.

FMJ is allowed too. FYI they always have fair prices and ammo in stock. You're really going to like this area.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Too bad you are far but I have contacts from the DFW area who have meets every month and I am trying to find a date where I could go. I will let you know

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Howdy from DOSA!

My lab loves water, hates rain, can't stand the cold, and barks at the fence for no other reason than he can. He's dug better fighting positions in my vegetable garden than I ever saw any of us dig in the Army.

100_0223.jpg

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Thank you!! Happy to be here. Daughter saw snow for the first time today.

JUst noticed that your avatar has a black Lab so it must be Rufus? A good place to take him for walks is at Warren Park. It a big chunk of property with a large pond in the center and a walking path around it. Although Frisco has leash laws (please obey them) many people do not leash their pets. We take our black Lab and Cane Corso there to walk and swim. If you're on that side of town it is near Eldorado and Preston.

Warren Sports Complex

20120820_145136.jpg

DSCN2863.jpg

Last edited:

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    JUst noticed that your avatar has a black Lab so it must be Rufus? A good place to take him for walks is at Warren Park. It a big chunk of property with a large pond in the center and a walking path around it. Although Frisco has leash laws (please obey them) many people do not leash their pets. We take our black Lab and Cane Corso there to walk and swim. If you're on that side of town it is near Eldorado and Preston.

Last edited:

S4ZA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    TEXAS
    Welcome from Lewisville. Not far from ya. I escaped CT last year. Proud and happy to be a Texan now. Get going on your carry permit :-)

behave like men determined to be free

Top Bottom