• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Hello. Family reasons are taking me from Oregon to Texas. I should be moving in a couple months. I figured I would join Texas gun talk and get to know some folks. My house is on the market and getting a surprising amount of interest. Shouldn't be much longer. Once I test for jui jitsu and inform the atf of my move I will be headed to the fort worth area it looks like. After 10 years of being a home owner in lebatucky (Lebanon) I'm excited for a change in scenery. Though Texas will be my perminent home, I will miss my stomping grounds in the cascades and Willamette NF. I was born and raised in Oregon but my kind is an endangered species here. Oregonians suffered a viral outbreak from a virus called infringennitus. It isn't recognized by W.H.O or the C.D.C yet. Moving will definitely be a breath of fresh air. Lol.

I look forward to being part of the gun culture in Texas. Pictures of my move will be posted! I want to visit some scenery and get a little camping in on the way.
    Guns International

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yeah, I moved from near Bremerton, Wa. to Portland and spent a year and a half there before I came to my senses. I do miss riding the Cascades, but Portland has reached a whole new level of stupid and I don't miss it.

Welcome!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yeah, I moved from near Bremerton, Wa. to Portland and spent a year and a half there before I came to my senses. I do miss riding the Cascades, but Portland has reached a whole new level of stupid and I don't miss it.

Welcome!
    My dad grew up in Bremerton. :) I understand where you're coming from. I grew up in Corvallis and it's now giving Portland a run for it's money. Glad you got away friend. I could never have lived in Portland.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It was in the Beaverton area, but still too close to Portland. Glad you're escaping, the west coast is no place for gun owners nowadays.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yeah. What he said.
    When you're an nfa owner they want updated info for perminent out of state address change and how long it will take to get there. A form 5320.20 is needed and it will be a first for me. Though I'm not too worried. My experience with the atf has been positive and speedy.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Welcome to Texas and TGT. My wife and I made the move from Portland just over four years ago. We couldn't be happier.

We live east and a bit south of the DFW metromess. There's a lot of areas here that remind us of the valley without the mountains of course. If you head over towards Tyler you'd swear you're in the Cascade foothills...till summer hits.

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Multnomah County idiocy is infecting the entire Portland metro area. Washington/Clark counties used to be a refuge from Portland proper, but not any more.

I pumped my own gas and did a private sale last week. Felt great.

Top Bottom