• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I figure that I always have a handgun on me when I'm in my car, so in such an emergency, I could just shoot out the window. Maybe not as elegant of a solution as one of those centerpunch / glass breaker devices, but it should work.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I figure that I always have a handgun on me when I'm in my car, so in such an emergency, I could just shoot out the window. Maybe not as elegant of a solution as one of those centerpunch / glass breaker devices, but it should work.

or you could just use the 2 pounds of steel in your hand and smash the window to avoid a stray bullet...

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    or you could just use the 2 pounds of steel in your hand and smash the window to avoid a stray bullet...

How is the bullet going to be all that "stray" if you are submerged in the water? It's not going to be going more than a few feet underwater anyway.

One thing that people don't take into account when considering what will happen if their car ends up in water is that there will often be a significant impact when they hit the water and they might very well have the wind knocked out of them. If you've ever been in anything other than a minor fender bender, you will understand the feeling of confusion where you were last on the road and now you're somewhere completely different. I've had it happen where a pickup ran a red light and we hit at 50+ mph on a semi-rural road. The next thing I know, my car and myself were in a ditch and I had no idea how I got there. I'm glad I didn't have to cope with a car full of water at that time. When I got out of the car, I spun around a couple of times and couldn't even get my bearing well enough to figure out which way I had been going and where I was now. After a minute or two, I figured it out and what had happened. If it takes you this long while underwater, you're probably going to drown.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    How is the bullet going to be all that "stray" if you are submerged in the water? It's not going to be going more than a few feet underwater anyway.

One thing that people don't take into account when considering what will happen if their car ends up in water is that there will often be a significant impact when they hit the water and they might very well have the wind knocked out of them. If you've ever been in anything other than a minor fender bender, you will understand the feeling of confusion where you were last on the road and now you're somewhere completely different. I've had it happen where a pickup ran a red light and we hit at 50+ mph on a semi-rural road. The next thing I know, my car and myself were in a ditch and I had no idea how I got there. I'm glad I didn't have to cope with a car full of water at that time. When I got out of the car, I spun around a couple of times and couldn't even get my bearing well enough to figure out which way I had been going and where I was now. After a minute or two, I figured it out and what had happened. If it takes you this long while underwater, you're probably going to drown.

I have never experienced a flash bang grenade. But those airbags stun you.

I got hit head on, had the airbags deploy, the side airbag got me, but the front one I didn't hit. And I was stunned. Basically just sat there for a while. Till I got my bearings enough to get me out of the car. Someone got the kid out of the car for me.

It's the weirdest sensation.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    ^^^That's what worries me. airbags. They can **** you up. I'm kinda glad my Jeep doesn't have them. I've been in two front-end collisions in that hunk of steel.

I get worried in the truck. San Antonio has some shitty drivers.

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    ^^^That's what worries me. airbags. They can **** you up. I'm kinda glad my Jeep doesn't have them. I've been in two front-end collisions in that hunk of steel.

I've driven throughout the US and in quite a few foreign countries. I've come to the conclusion that EVERY place has shitty drivers. Some are a bit worse than others. Some obviously have diarrhea.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    ^^^That's what worries me. airbags. They can $#@! you up. I'm kinda glad my Jeep doesn't have them. I've been in two front-end collisions in that hunk of steel.

Keep in mind I was not injured. Some light bruising from the airbag and a minor cut from the airbag, I didn't bounce off anything and I was still stunned.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    ^^^That's what worries me. airbags. They can $#@! you up. I'm kinda glad my Jeep doesn't have them. I've been in two front-end collisions in that hunk of steel.

Sorry, but the benefits of airbags far outweigh the risks. Same goes with seatbelts, I work with a guy who still won't wear one because of some claim that a friend of his died because he couldn't get out of a car. Sure, nothing is guaranteed; but there is enough evidence to prove that you're better off with them than without!

Been to Houston lately? :D

SA does have some asshat drivers, but with all my travels I can attest that there are many places that are far worse...

Top Bottom