• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My father in law passed away and I'm helping liquidate his estate. I can't take trades. A local FTF sale around the centex / Austin area would be preferred.

Almost none of these guns come in original boxes. Some will come in random soft cases. A few have extras with them like different caliber barrels, optics, etc.

To get in contact, PM me. All the pics are in this gallery. If you need pics of something specific, let me know.

Carl Gustafs Ljungman AG-42B - $1200
    Built 1945, 6.5x55, bore looks okay but has either a couple short stripes of rust in the lands, or else it's brass (couldn't tell).

Colt Diamondback - $2000
    Built 1980, .38spl, 6 inch.

IMI Galil Model 329S - $3000
    .308, Action Arms import. Comes with scope mount. Was refinished but not sure with what. Looks somewhat like maybe a dark matte titanium Cerakote.

Magnum Research Lone Eagle - $850
    .243, Bushnell Holosight Gen 1. Comes with spare 7mm 08 barrel that has a weaver rail.

Remington Model 700 - $600
    .270, Bell & Carlson composite stock.

Remington Model 700 Mountain SS - $1200
    .308, Bell & Carlson composite stock, stainless, fluted barrel, Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x44, Leupold STD base and rings.

Ruger Mini 14 - $950
    .223, stainless, Shilen bull barrel, finish is good and bore looks great, original stock + Muzzelite stock, 5rd and 30rd mag.

Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk - $900
    Built 1983, .44 Mag, Magnaported barrel

Savage Model 516 - $750
    .22-250, Redfield 2-6x scope, adjustable muzzle brake, fluted barrel, stainless, grey laminate thumbhole stock.

Thompson Center Contender G1 frame - $400

Thompson Center Contender barrels - $100/ea

• 10in .30-30, bore looks good.
    • 10in .45LC / .410 (has quite a bit of external rust under the barrel near the chamber), bore looks good, has sight rib.
    • 14in SSK .45-70, Stainless, w/ silver Burris 1.5-4x scope, muzzle brake, really rusty bore and might be toast.
    • Super 16 .223, bore looks great, has rear sight.

Winchester Model 70 XTR Sporter Magnum - $900
    .300 Win Mag, jeweled bolt, BOSS adjustable muzzle brake, camo painted stock.

Winchester Model 70 SA - $600
    .22-250

Winchester M1 Garand - $1200
    Built February 1944, B-Square scope mount. Bore looks okay, don't see any pitting, just has a lot of fouling and/or brass in the grooves.

Winchester Model 101 XTR Lightweight - $1300
    12ga, 3 inch chamber.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Went through the HK91, AG-42, both Garands, and M1A to update some of the details on the first post. Also added a bunch of new pics for 4 of those to the gallery, including some pics of their bores.

Well, today the Swedes almost took me out! I pulled the bolt on the AG-42 to check the bore. I absolutely know better but, had the bolt carrier half way out and accidentally bumped the latch on the back of it, rocketing the bolt in to my fingers. Being so focused on newer guns the past few years, I forgot how much old guns can hurt! :beat:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Was there an Enfield in this? I see it in the title
    It sold.

Updated the gallery, added a bunch of new pics with all of the spare TC Contender G1 barrels I found. I moved all the TC stuff to the bottom of the gallery so they're easy to find. Also updated the description in the first post with details.

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Bump. In case it was missed, I found 6 TC Contender barrels and added details, pics, as well as pics of bores for those and a number of other guns. If you're interested in anything, make me an offer. I really need to get more of these moved soon.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Added a bunch of pics of the Norinco and Weatherby Athena to the gallery.

The Norinco has a fair bit of surface corrosion on the receiver. I don't see any pitting. The bolt, carrier, and barrel look great. The bore and chrome lining look excellent. Bore appears to be on-center. Front sight is straight. Overall, should be a decent shooter. Just needs cleaning, lubing, and if it was me I would probably re-blue or Cerakote the receiver to keep it from deteriorating further.

The Weatherby looks practically new. Ejectors, bores, stock, and hanguard all look great. Has a modified top choke, improved cylinder bottom choke. There are some minor blemishes around the trigger guard, and one small rust spot toward the end of the bottom barrel.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Bump. I have an extra TC Contender I found that I'll be adding to the list in a few days, plus some extras for one or two other guns.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Just got around to looking at the pictures. I believe that's not a muzzle brake on the Model 70. That's a Browning BOSS system which Winchester leased the rights for it during a few years back in the 1990's. It's supposed to let you tune the barrel vibrations for more accuracy. Description of BOSS Link.

I had that on a Model 70 that I won at a sports dinner. I rarely fired that rifle, but found that I had some odd cases I couldn't reload and finally traced the problem to that rifle. The chamber had a bad factory defect and Winchester replaced the rifle, but they no longer had the rights to the BOSS, so they upgraded the rifle. Good deal for me, and a surprise since it took me 20 years to discover the problem.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just got around to looking at the pictures. I believe that's not a muzzle brake on the Model 70. That's a Browning BOSS system which Winchester leased the rights for it during a few years back in the 1990's. It's supposed to let you tune the barrel vibrations for more accuracy. Description of BOSS Link.

I had that on a Model 70 that I won at a sports dinner. I rarely fired that rifle, but found that I had some odd cases I couldn't reload and finally traced the problem to that rifle. The chamber had a bad factory defect and Winchester replaced the rifle, but they no longer had the rights to the BOSS, so they upgraded the rifle. Good deal for me, and a surprise since it took me 20 years to discover the problem.
    Good catch! Thought it looked familiar but I couldn't quite place it. Thanks for that!

Top Bottom