Lynx Defense

EU to ban Plants & Seeds Not Registered With Government, are we next???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Will be fringe for some, but should be a warning for all. Only time before it comes to us.........................

Remember a lot of the seeds you now buy can only produce one plant, and that plant can't produce seeds to reproduce itself. So next year, you have to buy again unlike the way nature intended it.

BREAKING: European Commission to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants not registered with government

European Commission To Ban Heirloom Seeds and Criminalize Plants & Seeds Not Registered With Government - Healthy Debates | Healthy Debates
    European Commission To Ban Heirloom Seeds and Criminalize Plants & Seeds Not Registered With Government » David Icke

PDF of the actual proposal.
    http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/health_consumer/pressroom/docs/proposal_aphp_en.pdf
    Hurley's Gold

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Great. Monsanto gets a Monopoly on seeds in the EU.

What the hell is wrong with people wanting to grow sustainable and replant-able products?

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Imagine that. European government is now taking people's right to grow self-sustainable and renewable foods and there ain't a dang thing they can do about it. Even if they wanted to start a fuss, all they have is sticks and stones.

IMO they obviously have stepped over a line. Not only stepped over it but pissed all over that line. But they surely know what they are doing. They wouldn't dare try something like that unless they had the majority of the population disarmed. I feel bad for some of those folks who fought tooth and nail against any tyrannical moves, but a good deal of those people voted for what they are now getting. I am glad that there's still enough people in the US that still have a line drawn.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Great. Monsanto gets a Monopoly on seeds in the EU.

What the hell is wrong with people wanting to grow sustainable and replant-able products?
    Cause then Monsanto makes more money. They did a lot of good in their earlier days but now they're the 800 lb gorilla.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    It's part of the plan to completely remove a citizen's ability to oppose the government whether it's good, bad, or indifferent. Successive European governments have disarmed the populace, now it's time to implement the next step: control that which makes a citizen independent i.e. the food supply. A compliant populace makes it easy for the government to impose what ever restrictions they wish. You can bet Obama is paying attention to this developement.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Learning to grow your own food and save seeds from your best plants is a good skill to have. You end up with plants that are better adapted to your specific area over time. So it's easier to grow them and you have less problems. As a by product you would also be unaffected if this craziness spreads.

It's all about control.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Learning to grow your own food and save seeds from your best plants is a good skill to have. You end up with plants that are better adapted to your specific area over time. So it's easier to grow them and you have less problems. As a by product you would also be unaffected if this craziness spreads.

It's all about control.
    Absolutley M_H. My wife and I will be planting some of our heirloom seeds this Spring to see which varieties are viable in N. Texas and to acquaint ourselves with harvesting the seeds for successive growing seasons.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Absolutley M_H. My wife and I will be planting some of our heirloom seeds this Spring to see which varieties are viable in N. Texas and to acquaint ourselves with harvesting the seeds for successive growing seasons.

Just remember if you plant different varieties next to each other they may cross pollinate. So be careful saving the seeds unless you've closely controlled the pollination.

Wonder how much I could sell my okra seeds for over there.

I've got an okra I'm excited about planting this year. It's a spineless that had some great production and stayed edible even at greater sizes (when I couldn't pick it every couple days due to work). Last tear I planted it too close to an Emerald so I didn't keep the seeds. This year I will.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom