• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The law should have simply been one that stated if you don't evacuate a mandatory evac zone, then you're 100% completely liable with no expectation for rescue or recourse. That would have solved the problems and wouldn't have infringed upon anyone's rights, IMO. Then before the storm, you canvas neighborhoods and offer everyone either a free ride or a Sharpie, their choice.

Umm, the government already has zero liability if they choose not to rescue you. Doesn't take a law for that; it's already done.

We've always been on our own. Hoping for help to arrive is fine, expecting it is foolish.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Umm, the government already has zero liability if they choose not to rescue you. Doesn't take a law for that; it's already done.

We've always been on our own. Hoping for help to arrive is fine, expecting it is foolish.

That's fine, and what I would expect to be the case, but I seem to see a lot of people postulating that this law was passed because of rescue personnel being put at risk and/or the civil liability after the fact. I'm simply saying that you don't need this law to solve that problem (if it is indeed the problem).

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I'd like to see them try to make me leave my dog behind if I have to evacuate...

Not leaving my dog behind either. There will be a fight I promise. I dont know who is going to do the arresting, if New Orleans gets another hurricane, the cops will have to stop looting long enough to arrest some people I guess.....

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I can't imagine what my wife and kids would think I we had to leave out pets behind I'm not sure they'd forgive me for shooting the pets. Hell, I'm not sure I could shoot a healthy pet, I'd have to call M.Sage over so I'd have someone to blame.

That bastard M.Sage, I thought he knew I was joking!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I could not would not leave my dogs behind and all John Wayne joking aside Would fight to protect them. They are like children to me and my wife. They would come with me or I would stay with them. I went out in a tornado once to get one of my old dogs and I'd do it again.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Does this include illegal aliens? I'm guessing not.

Hey, now there's an idea! Issue an evacuation order for all illegals to evacuate America. When they don't, arrest them for violating the evacuation order.

Oh hell, they have already committed one crime by coming here (or overstaying their visa) and they are not being arrested for that. All is lost.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I could not would not leave my dogs behind and all John Wayne joking aside Would fight to protect them. They are like children to me and my wife. They would come with me or I would stay with them. I went out in a tornado once to get one of my old dogs and I'd do it again.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I couldn't do that. Luckily my dogs are small, so they would be easy to take along.

If I have to choose between my wife's safety and my pets' lives... Easy choice, especially since I've already made it.

Obviously, if we can get out of town by car, it's a non-issue. If we have to walk out, anything that's going to slow us down isn't coming along for the ride.

Not that hurricanes are in issue in San Antonio. But it's always good to plan ahead. Having lived in earthquake country, I've already thought up a bunch of "what if" stuff that would apply to pretty much any disaster including hurricanes.

Top Bottom