• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I recently came across someone I know who just admitted in casual conversation...I was astounded (won't name names) as a kid, lived in cult...ultimately got out.

I don't understand anyone voluntarily being part of one.

Any of you part of one at anytime in your lives?

As an adult or a kid?

Please, if you can, explain the lure as an adult or if as a child what helped you escape?

To be fair, as a kid, I was in a cult of one (my dad) until I said...no more. OK, not a cult as we know it, but yeah, I was brainwashed...until I wasn't, because I'm a born contrarian and won't be held down...but that's me.
    Texas SOT

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Dated a girl in west Texas that eventually ran off with carnies. She came home about eight months later all knocked up, so I asked her why she ran away. At 19, she decided that was a better than staying in the Pentecostal church.

‘Bout as close as I can get to a cult.
    I dated a girl in college that traveled seasonally as a "carnie". She was different, I'll tell you that.

OP, no. I've never been in a cult or known anyone who was.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    At 14, for a time, I worked as a carnie...with my Dad getting my meager paycheck...part of being in a cult...did I mention I 'hate' those in cult 'management'...?

Cults are freaking evil...
    I could never abide living under the authority of a cult. I'm too onery, head-strong and free-spirited to allow someone, or anyone to dictate my every aspect of living. Also part of the reason I have two ex-wives!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It seems to me, just thru casual observation, that the progressive left have become a cult in every reasonable definition of the word.

Religious extremism indeed. The time will come when the rest of us are forced to bend the knee as they continue to try to force their will upon the rest of us or draw a line and be forced to defend that line.

This far no further.

They are out there...

ETA there are some far right cultists too. 2 sides to the same coin. Much like BLM and White racists. Same coin different sides.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I met all kinds of strange Free Shit Army member in the 22 years I worked the renfest. Lots of those "clans" in the campground are cultish. They pretty much veiwed me as "the Man" so I wasn't ivited to the really freaky shit.

Did have one beer wench that was into suspension. You know the shark hooks para cord pulleys butt naked plumper piñata. If suspension aint cult like I don't have a clue!

Top Bottom