Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Application would likely be more difficult

As someone with ear issues myself, I'll tell you that putting alcohol in the ear will burn like a MF if you have certain types of irritation.

OK.

I once used the typical alcohol/glycerine mixture from a pharmacist as a youngster to try to remove water from my ear.
    I did not know it, but my ear drum had been ruptured by a friend diving into the side of my head while I was underwater, kind of a hydraulic piston effect.
    Needless to say, it hurt a bit when the alcohol hit the torn tissue, lol.....

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Any wounds you might have will be cleaned just as well and a lot more cheaply by vodka. If you must go with high prrof alcohol there is an Everclear competitior called Mohawk which is the same stuff for much less. They make a lot of liquers under the Mohawk name as well.

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Any wounds you might have will be cleaned just as well and a lot more cheaply by vodka. If you must go with high prrof alcohol there is an Everclear competitior called Mohawk which is the same stuff for much less. They make a lot of liquers under the Mohawk name as well.

Again, going for maximum potency/ weight ratio here. For medical usage, you can dilute with water to get the desired strength. And any 195% consumable alcohol works fine. I chose everclear brand because I was able to find it in small plastic bottles.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Thank you sir. I will definitely give it a try.

FWIW 90% rubbing alcohol will work just the same. I used to do this occasionally. Like Ben pointed out its only good for swimmer ear type infections. It wont do anything for middle or inner ear. It's worth doing though because its basically free and if it doesnt work then go to the doctors.

Just dump some in your ear once let it sit in there for a few seconds or a minute and then turn your head and get it out. If its going to work it'll work after only one or two treatments and work pretty fast IME.

Top Bottom