• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • uilim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    missouri city texas
    Thanks. What brand/where did you get it from?
    Ok Bitterrootgunleather is the maker. You will need to join his group on Facebook as he isn’t taking orders right now as he has like 8 months of work backlog. But he makes artist holsters and sells them Here is the group

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only things ALWAYS present are a Gerber or SpyderCo and a little NAA. Everything else changes frequently, to follow occasion, dress, & my estimates of risk level..

Perhaps it should be "Most-USUAL EDC" ?

For travel and immediate home defense, we have standardized to things which accept G19 mags.

Not perfect, but this does eliminate potential mag / ammo confusions.

As we have many "newbies", both to site and to "EDC", let me again state that the "BEST" single weapon for EDC is the one which WILL BE THERE when needed. It is better to "start small" and gain experience.

Just this Old Man's thoughts. . . . . .

leVieux

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I used suspenders to hold up my gun belt carrying 1911.

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_075106796.jpg
      IMG_20220219_075106796.jpg
      939 KB · Views: 113
    • IMG_20220219_075113581_MP.jpg
      IMG_20220219_075113581_MP.jpg
      857.5 KB · Views: 129

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    I consider everyday carry to be essential tools/gear/clothing and a gun that you carry on your person everyday.

Not the stuff you wish you carried or the stuff in your car or even your 17 knives like the kids on YouTube. The point is you carry it everday. Mine is based off small things I might need in any number of emergencies.

View attachment 89216

So my set up is fairly simple.
    First a good belt is essential if you're carrying on the waistband. I am of the opinion that it needs to be rigid and sturdy and of high quality. Generally this means you'll need to spend some money. My belt is made by Original SOE, it was $65 and is hands down the best belt I have ever owned. It locks in place and doesn't loosen.

Next is the pistol. Glock 19 with Trijicon HD night sights. In general the Glock sights are crap, they're plastic and not great at night. IWB Kydex holster I picked up off ebay for $30. Honestly it's not the best I've ever had. Warthog Gear is far superior and made in San Antonio. Also I now carry a back up mag, because mags will fail.

Next is a knife, you should always have a knife. It's a great tool and great for more than just cutting open boxes like a makeshift screwdriver or if you can trust it as a pry bar. Mine is a SOG Trident Tanto. It's been in my pocket everyday for about 3 years.

Cordage. It's not just a fashion statement, it's actually good to have around. Make a shelter, tie a mattress down, etc.

Multi tool. You will use it, how often does somebody need a screwdriver? Maybe not everyday but often.

Water, yeah I think it's needed. Water is good for you, plus the container could become useful in an emergency.

Not pictured are my keys with my Streamlight nano and magnesium stick.

A pen, cellphone and watch are not essential but useful.

So what's your EDC? What do you have and why.
    • Glock 27
    • Two Glock 22 spare mags
    • 11" sap
    • Cold Steel Safekeeper push dagger
    • Zero Tolerance 0350 folder
    • POM pepper spray
    • Fenix PD35 flashlight

I generally work until 3:30AM doing DoorDash type food delivery in Austin. The Glock and mags are for armed assailants. For unarmed idiots pepper spray works ~50% of the time. The sap is for the other 50%. The push dagger is for instances where I'm in a grappling situation or grabbed from behind. The folder's a tool. The light is a tool but can also blind a person for ten seconds or so.

edc.jpg

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    You almost need my old Sam Browne belt. If I needed to carry that load around I think I’d be looking for another job. Nice gear though.

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    You almost need my old Sam Browne belt. If I needed to carry that load around I think I’d be looking for another job. Nice gear though.
    I use a Click-It gunbelt when using my AIWB holster. It carries the weight pretty well. Lately I'm using a SmartCarry belly pouch for the G27 and mags. The sap goes in my left front pants pocket.

iisatruckin

To the guy who invented zero, thanks for nothing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    Clear Lake
    I didn't read all of this thread so not sure if it's been mentioned but to the OP at least.. I'd recommend not drinking from plastic water bottles if you can help it. Especially with Texas heat

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I didn't read all of this thread so not sure if it's been mentioned but to the OP at least.. I'd recommend not drinking from plastic water bottles if you can help it. Especially with Texas heat
    My daughter says the same thing.
    I figure it can't be any worse than drinking from the garden hose like we did every summer when I was younger.
    And definitely no worse than water from the kitchen faucet at my daughters house in Austin.

Back to the subject of this thread.

Glock 20 loaded with 15+1 Underwood 155gr XTPs
    Benchmade Boost assisted open knife.

If I need more than that, I probably wandered somewhere I should have known better than to wander to.

Last edited:

iisatruckin

To the guy who invented zero, thanks for nothing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    Clear Lake
    Your daughter is onto something...
    Ask her if she knows what Atrazine is and what the studies show it does to frogs

Pesticides/herbicides is a step beyond plastics which is a step beyond at least my edc so I'll stop here before I derail too much sorry :frog:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'd recommend not drinking from plastic water bottles if you can help it. Especially with Texas heat
    Yeah that's a good tip. The water from a plastic water bottle will taste like plastic after sitting a hot, but in a glass bottle it still tastes like clean water even after sitting for several days.

I always keep one of these handy ;)

definitely no worse than water from the kitchen faucet
    You should look into getting an RO or distiller. After drinking actual clean water for awhile you'll start to easily tell the difference between it and tap water.

Top Bottom