• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    Thank you. Recently I have been thinking about wearing a left hand iwb holster at 4pm. To me it should be more natural, and might be faster to use my right hand to draw from a LH holster from my back.

Not a big fan of appendix carry

Nice setup. I just traded mine last weekend for a P365. Those eBay holsters are basically the same as customs ones, just made by someone in bulk for ebay. They work great. View attachment 149146

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nagorg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    To me it should be more natural, and might be faster to use my right hand to draw from a LH holster from my back.

I'm new to LTC and have been thinking the exact same thing. Seems like a natural reach to the back for me would need the butt of the gun pointed to my right side with a slight cant as well.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I carry at the 4 o’clock position in a Bullard IWB holster with a forward can’t. It is very natural to reach your hand back and pull the pistol out. A left hand holster isn’t needed.

gethprime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2018
    Smiths Station AL
    concealed and OC'd at walmart here in Phenix City AL today. Need to get a different belt though. the one I have has a belt loop thats reversible by twisting over. It tends to nip me :(

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    00f23cbb7304f931ccad4d1e17e2bc06.jpg

Keys, Fisher pen (375 H&H case), chap stick, nail clippers, Spyderco Delica, wallet, G43.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Tihsepa

Perpetually Confused
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    Aubrey, Tx.
    CZ P10c IWB at 4. Stock except the HBI trigger. Spare mag stays in the car except if I am wandering a city. I figure if I cant take care of business with 18 rounds, I have no business. No knife, no nothing else except a wallet and keys.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    There was a thread some time back about an LEO that carried 145 rounds or so.

Why so many?

He got in a shootout once and ran out of ammo and thinks 145 a minimum load out.

I'll repost it if I can find the story, but if it's the same guy, he shot a perp 18 times with a .45ACP to little effect. Several reloads were involved, and yes, he did run out of bullets.

So he switched to 9mm and now carries 17+1 and a bunch of extra mags... you never know when you will run into a hoarde of alien zombies!!!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I carry a Ruger SR9c (because of the slim profile) with the standard 10rd mag (because it conceals better than the extended mag), in a holster at 4:00. Plus 2 17rd extended mags on the offside. Plus a horizontal mount belt knife at 1:00. Plus a POM pepper spray clipped into the right front pocket.

I like having choices.

A better question is about the 537.5 firearms I have ready to go at home!!! :twin:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll repost it if I can find the story, but if it's the same guy, he shot a perp 18 times with a .45ACP to little effect. Several reloads were involved, and yes, he did run out of bullets.

So he switched to 9mm and now carries 17+1 and a bunch of extra mags... you never know when you will run into a hoarde of alien zombies!!!

It is very difficult for me to believe that anyone was "Shot 18 times with a .45ACP to little effect" !

I have attended hundreds of GSW's over the past half-century, and just can't imagine that.

Are you sure he just didn't MISS x 18 ?

We see lots of folks struck several times with 9mm PB surviving. Few with a solid hit by .45 survive to reach the E.D.

OTOH, a few years back, I helped care for two Officers shot with a .380, each once in the upper abdomen, who were really torn-up and barely lived.

leVieux

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    It is very difficult for me to believe that anyone was "Shot 18 times with a .45ACP to little effect" !

I have attended hundreds of GSW's over the past half-century, and just can't imagine that.

Are you sure he just didn't MISS x 18 ?

We see lots of folks struck several times with 9mm PB surviving. Few with a solid hit by .45 survive to reach the E.D.

OTOH, a few years back, I helped care for two Officers shot with a .380, each once in the upper abdomen, who were really torn-up and barely lived.

leVieux

Suspect struck 14 times, 6 "fatal" wounds from his Glock 21.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

Suspect struck 14 times, 6 "fatal" wounds from his Glock 21.

Still didn't die immediately after being shot in the head. No drugs or alcohol in his system... just a tough sumbitch.

Teaches us that .45ACP bullets are not death rays. And that the human body can do amazing things at times.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom