TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    And Odessa
    Every damn hotel and restaurant is wore down and under managed

I stayed in a 4 year old hotel last night
    The damn machine that codes the room keys was broke and the back up machine was broke
    If you left the room you had to get the desk clerk to let you back in
    Got up this morning, mud had been tracked all down the hallway overnight
    The elevator sounds like it's about to break
    And it's not just this place
    I've stayed in several nice places and paid $200 a night and they all have similar issues
    Restuants and gas stations are the same
    They built a new Stripes on I20 a few years ago and it looks like it should be dozed over and rebuilt
    Damn
    Military Camp

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    If you think it’s bad now, you should come back when the boom is in full swing. You hafta reserve those same shitty hotel rooms a month in advance and pay $300 a night for them. You get to wait at least an hour to be seated at the same garbage restaurants that are now extremely understaffed, because anybody that could pass a piss test left there and went to work in the oilfield. Spend 20 minutes in traffic to go 3 miles down 42nd street because we have more people living here than the roads were designed for.

Dirt n Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    If you think it’s bad now, you should come back when the boom is in full swing. You hafta reserve those same shitty hotel rooms a month in advance and pay $300 a night for them. You get to wait at least an hour to be seated at the same garbage restaurants that are now extremely understaffed, because anybody that could pass a piss test left there and went to work in the oilfield. Spend 20 minutes in traffic to go 3 miles down 42nd street because we have more people living here than the roads were designed for.
    Yep. This sums it up perfectly.

Charlie Primero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    Forest Country
    Every damn hotel and restaurant is wore down and under managed

I live near Houston and had the misfortune of visiting Midland/Odessa because I had to attend a friend's funeral there.

I was shocked at how filthy and expensive everything was. I had no idea.

The worst was the carpet in the hotel rooms. I had family in several hotels. All had tar in the carpet so bad we had to clean our shoes when we got home.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    When the boom is going on, whole floors in those hotels are leased out by big oilfield service companies to house their out of town workers. They have no place to leave their nasty clothes and boots, so it all gets tracked into the hotel.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Where were you last year? We didn't have prosperity but things were much easier to get around and cheaper the last few years. It's a love/hate relationship with the oilfields here. We love the money it brings, but hate the people it brings. The roads get torn up and the Texas hospitality gets strained. My days off, the last thing I want to do is go into town.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    This morning at 8 the Starbucks at Midlife and I20
    Parking lot in the whole shopping center from there clear to Vatozone looked like a scene from walking dead

Trash everywhere

Dumpsters overflowing

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    On the other hand
    Walked into that Wal-Mart at 8 and the store was almost empty of people and neat and clean
    Wal-Mart employees kept coming up and asking if I needed help and I remember thinking this has to be a trap of some sort
    Wal-Mart employees are sworn by a oath to not volunteer to help customers

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    That’s because that Walmart is waiting to see if it gets shut down. Of course you can’t even get in the parking lot on the weekends from noon-ish till 10pm at any of the 4 Walmart’s around here.

Charlie Primero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    Forest Country
    Wal-Mart employees are sworn by a oath to not volunteer to help customers

If you want to see the most awesome WalMart on this planet, visit the one in Bentonville, Arkansas across the street from WalMart's world headquarters.

Holy cow.... Spotlessly clean. Perfect arrangement of items. Wide isles. Elderly white men with wonderful teeth politely inquiring as to your well-being and need for assistance.

It will make you angry when you discover what your local WalMart could be. :-)

Top Bottom