• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I am curious as to what they are and how it works? A co-worker and I were talking at the end of a meeting and the topic of his sister's boyfriend came up. He had talked about them before but it was always a positive convo and the last I had hear they were planning on getting married. Today he says that his sister is thinking of asking him to leave stating that she is not happy anymore. They moved to Texas (Denton County) in 07 and were recently engaged but he stated that she has been thinking about wanting him out of the house. I didn't ask why as time ran short but as far as I know there were no major problems like abuse, money or anything that he ever mentioned. Actually he has talked about the guy as if he has always been family and I only learned of their engagement months ago thinking they were already married.

Can she tell him to leave and he has to get out? His sister has blown up in the past and he is worried that she will try and force the guy to leave immediately. I told him that I didn't think she could do that unless there was some bad behavior to pin on him but I don't really know. I also told him that if he can show that he has been living there problem free for six years that it would be difficult to just throw him out without some sort of notice.

How does this work out?
    Texas SOT

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    What ever he does, it's time to start a journal. Document everything as accurately and precisely as soon as it happens. Oh and have him talk to an attorney. Hate to see the guy booted from him home and still have to pay for it.............

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    What ever he does, it's time to start a journal. Document everything as accurately and precisely as soon as it happens. Oh and have him talk to an attorney. Hate to see the guy booted from him home and still have to pay for it.............

I forgot that part. She has title on the property and he does not pay. He hasn't worked in years due to health problems apparently.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Doesn't matter who pays. If he's a legal resident (e.g. address is on his TX DL), he has the same right to live in the property as she does. She can file a petition with the court for an eviction of tenant not on the lease, have him served with papers, and then take action if he remains. In this case, the landlord of the property will also need to appear in court.

FWIW. Not a lawyer, never done it, but doing research through the gov't code as best I can. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom