0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

Vicente

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    SW Houston
    I finally convinced my gun-hating mom and a few friends the truth about "assault" weapons and why gun control laws do much more harm than good (if any). I just wish our political leaders would open their eyes to the facts.

Destroyer219

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Wow, now I have something to argue against those who say they can shoot through cars and do all kinds of damage

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    that top video is VERY informative. i would REALLY like to have a BUNCH of DVD's made with that video.

There is a program called YouTube Downloader at Free Software Downloads and Reviews - Download.com. Just type in youtube downloader and download the program. Once you install the program, you can run the program, and type in the web address of the video from youtube you want to download to your computer. Its pretty simple. I just downloaded that video to my hard drive to share with co-workers, and anyone I come across that is anti-gun.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Those videos are fun but I suggest educating out selves and forcing anti-guns to face the facts. Just check out the following charts. There was nearly double the people beaten or choked to death than those shot by a rifle. Click on the links to view state by state stats.

2005 data: http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/data/table_20.html

Total murders.............................14,860........ ..100.00%
    Handguns...................................7,543.. .........50.76%
    Other weapons (non firearm, non edged).....1,954...........13.15%
    Edged weapons..............................1,914........ ...12.88%
    Firearms (type unknown)....................1,598...........10.75%
    Hands, fists, feet, etc......................892............6.00%
    Shotguns.....................................517.. ..........3.48%
    Rifles.......................................442.. ..........2.97%

2006 data: http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/data/table_20.html

Total murders.............................14,990........ ..100.00%
    Handguns...................................7,795.. .........52.00%
    Other weapons (non firearm, non edged).....2,158...........14.40%
    Edged weapons..............................1,822........ ...12.15%
    Firearms (type unknown)....................1,465............9.77%
    Hands, fists, feet, etc......................833............5.56%
    Shotguns.....................................481.. ..........3.21%
    Rifles.......................................436.. ..........2.91%

Then I like to point out the fact that we already have an example of what life would be like in the States without handguns and assault rifles...Washington D.C. There is some 600,000 people living in the district with one officer per 58 people. They also house 35% of the nations FBI. But yet their crime rate was so high, they was nick names the Murder capital of the US. The crime rate started rising around 1988 and slowed down around 2006.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    And how many of those rifles are the so called assault weapons. I believe it is less than one precent of all gun crimes (not just murders.)

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Those videos are fun but I suggest educating out selves and forcing anti-guns to face the facts. Just check out the following charts. There was nearly double the people beaten or choked to death than those shot by a rifle. Click on the links to view state by state stats.

2005 data: http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/data/table_20.html

Total murders.............................14,860........ ..100.00%
    Handguns...................................7,543.. .........50.76%
    Other weapons (non firearm, non edged).....1,954...........13.15%
    Edged weapons..............................1,914........ ...12.88%
    Firearms (type unknown)....................1,598...........10.75%
    Hands, fists, feet, etc......................892............6.00%
    Shotguns.....................................517.. ..........3.48%
    Rifles.......................................442.. ..........2.97%

2006 data: http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/data/table_20.html

Total murders.............................14,990........ ..100.00%
    Handguns...................................7,795.. .........52.00%
    Other weapons (non firearm, non edged).....2,158...........14.40%
    Edged weapons..............................1,822........ ...12.15%
    Firearms (type unknown)....................1,465............9.77%
    Hands, fists, feet, etc......................833............5.56%
    Shotguns.....................................481.. ..........3.21%
    Rifles.......................................436.. ..........2.91%

Then I like to point out the fact that we already have an example of what life would be like in the States without handguns and assault rifles...Washington D.C. There is some 600,000 people living in the district with one officer per 58 people. They also house 35% of the nations FBI. But yet their crime rate was so high, they was nick names the Murder capital of the US. The crime rate started rising around 1988 and slowed down around 2006.

Its funny to look at actual statistics and see that the crime rate involving any weapon is lower than any other method. Also I think that crimes involving guns are even lower than death by accidents, and drunk driving accidents. Hmm, maybe cars should be considered illegal.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Its funny to look at actual statistics and see that the crime rate involving any weapon is lower than any other method. Also I think that crimes involving guns are even lower than death by accidents, and drunk driving accidents. Hmm, maybe cars should be considered illegal.

Yes sir,

2000-2008 there was about 40,000 people killed per year by autos and some 30,000 from firearm related deaths. The problem is the CDC groups everything together. That means that 30,000 firearm related deaths also includes suicides, accidental, and police shootings as well as violent crimes. There is an estimated 70% of that firearm related deaths dues to suicide.

If you look at the charts, firearm related deaths are on a decline vs automobile related deaths.

injury99-05_fig1.jpg

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Error

In the first video the narrator say's civilians can't own a fully automatic rifle- a so called "assault rifle."

This is not correct. Not even in his home state of CA.

NFA or pre 86 registered machine guns can be purchased by most law abiding citizens in FREE America. They just have to follow the letter of the law to aquire. Interestingly enough only one crime has ever been commited using an NFA Registered Machine Gun; and it was commited by a police officer.

Even in his home state of CA I know of individuals whom legally own machineguns because they have class II manufacturers licenses.

His quib though informative isn't 100% correct. I appreciate his effort but don't agree with the labeling of a select fire weapon as an assault weapon.

If someone takes a BB gun and shoots another person in the eye intentionally, isnt that an assault? In the end there is only an ASSAULTER not an assault weapon. Guns are tools, they don't have a mind of their own.

If they do, then so do other inanimate objects such as cars...

If a drunk runs over a kid with his car- is his car an "ASSAULT CAR?"

Bottom line is this. Law Abiding Americans should be able to buy, own, collect any freaking tool or "toy" they want. This goes with the whole FREEDOM ideology we as Americans have fought and many died for since our inception. If you commit a crime with a gun you waive that right...

We are fools to blame or label guns as if guns are the culprits.

roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    In the first video the narrator say's civilians can't own a fully automatic rifle- a so called "assault rifle."

NFA or pre 86 registered machine guns can be purchased by most law abiding citizens in FREE America. They just have to follow the letter of the law to aquire. Interestingly enough only one crime has ever been commited using an NFA Registered Machine Gun; and it was commited by a police officer.

Even in his home state of CA I know of individuals whom legally own machineguns because they have class II manufacturers licenses.

His quib though informative isn't 100% correct. I appreciate his effort but don't agree with the labeling of a select fire weapon as an assault weapon.

If someone takes a BB gun and shoots another person in the eye intentionally, isnt that an assault? In the end there is only an ASSAULTER not an assault weapon. Guns are tools, they don't have a mind of their own.

If they do, then so do other inanimate objects such as cars...

If a drunk runs over a kid with his car- is his car an "ASSAULT CAR?"

Bottom line is this. Law Abiding Americans should be able to buy, own, collect any freaking tool or "toy" they want. This goes with the whole FREEDOM ideology we as Americans have fought and many died for since our inception. If you commit a crime with a gun you waive that right...

We are fools to blame or label guns as if guns are the culprits.

The term "Assualt Rifle" comes from the German word "Sturmgewehr". This was a propaganda word for the new selective fire weapons firing an "intermediate" cartridge, a round between the standard rifle and machine pistol/submachine gun cartridges in use in WWII. These new rifles were more controllable in rapid fire than the full powered weapons used earlier
    while providing considerably more range, power, and accuracy than the 9mm submachine gun.
    This term was corrupted by the media to mean "scary black gun"........Implying use by criminals to attack people with on American streets, as opposed to battlefields......

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah

Ya, we joked about it on another forum.

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    Those are great videos, to bad that we cant email them to every
    Congressman and Senator to open there eyes.

Government taking guns away has nothing to do with facts, it has to do with control.

The government/liberals want total control and step 1 is to take away the guns.
    :mad::mad:

Top Bottom