• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Here some where in the area of Wichita Falls a few months ago two people were sentenced to prison for there dogs killing a young child , seven years.
    Capitol Armory ad

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Everytime I see a pitbull it is chained up in a front yard by some pants hanging off his ass moron who is washing his Chevy impala or Malibu with 22 inch wheels and stick on fender vents. Not to mention the chain being used to hold the dog could tow an F250!!! I just don't care for them and thanks to the majority of retards who own them because it is cool I do not like them near my family. I backed out of buying a house when I saw the three pitbulls the neighbor had........with his Escalade.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Everytime I see a pitbull it is chained up in a front yard by some pants hanging off his ass moron who is washing his Chevy impala or Malibu with 22 inch wheels and stick on fender vents. Not to mention the chain being used to hold the dog could tow an F250!!! I just don't care for them and thanks to the majority of retards who own them because it is cool I do not like them near my family. I backed out of buying a house when I saw the three pitbulls the neighbor had........with his Escalade.

Those are NOT the majority of Pit Bull owners. They just stand out the most.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Those are NOT the majority of Pit Bull owners. They just stand out the most.

Like anything else, the media zeros in on the inbred idiots that abuse their animals and end up attacking somebody... NOT the vast majority of owners who love and care for their dogs. The bad part is that it gives these dogs a bad image and attracts even more of the bottom dwellers to own them.

Vicious circle 101.

Any dog with the physical strength of a Pit should be well trained and well treated by a loving owner... It's the same problem we have with several segments of society and their children.

BRING BACK ACCOUNTABILITY AND PUNISHMENT AND THIS PROBLEM GOES AWAY.

willypete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008

not that i care but from your post it seems that you have problems with people that are not like you.... way to go patriot

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    not that i care but from your post it seems that you have problems with people that are not like you.... way to go patriot

I am just relaying what I see. It simply angers me that people who like to keep a certian image, aquire these dogs and ruin the animals. They don't care for them, they just want to look like a "thug". Hey, but if that is what floats your boat, then more power to you. I do not have to agree with it and I will not keep silent about it. I have nothing against people who are different from me. I have a problem with people who bring down our community. I guess this image seems to stand out in my mind from encounters I have had with people who keep this image. I am pretty sure you do not know me or anything about me, so how about you back off on the little sarcastic "patriot" comments, hero.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I would first like to say that I am not necessarily for the banning of the pit bull breed of dog. I know that is the first recourse when this society fears something. Sometimes it is the right course of action, but then they get ban-happy and start going after other things.

It was brought up that many of the arguments being used in this debate against pit bulls are often used by libs against guns. I have to bring to light the difference between pits and guns to clear up this inconsistency. GUNS are inantimate objects that can do nothing of their own accord. PITS have a mind of their own, that while not enabled with the same ability to reason as our own human mind they still make a conscious decision to destroy things for fun. I understand that such decisions are tempered by how they were raised much like what zembonez said about how people raise their children. That brings up an interesting perspective about how liberals view the raising of your children these days. They seem to advocate that children should be raised by the community or society to lessen the responsibility of lazy parents that don't care what their children grow up to be. I'm surprised they haven't yet advocated the same mentality regarding pits if they are so much like children, which dogs really are. They are children that just don't ever really grow up.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    In my opinion, pit bulls have gotten a bad reputation primarily from the media. In the same way they demonize guns, they demonize pit bulls. I owned one a few years ago and did a lot of research. There are actually 26 breeds of dogs that are frequently identified as 'pit bulls' by the media, animal control, police and others. Do you think this adds to their numbers when a 'pit bull' bites someone?

I can only speak from anecdotal experience. I have friends with pits, and mine was a big baby. She'd roll over on her back and literally wet herself when new people would approach her. No, she wasn't scared. She was so excited to see them and wanted them to rub her belly. I finally got rid of her because the neighbor across the street complained to PCT 4 that I OWNED a pit bull. The dog never did anything. She was never threatening, except to the mastiff in the back yard adjacent to ours. A constable visited my twice and told me the neighbor had complained. I told him the dog didn't do anything. He said, with a sigh, "I know, I know. But she's registered 2 complaints, and if she registers a third, I'll have to take the dog." The dog is in a good home, and the neighbor moved.

They can be great dogs, or they can be killers. It has everything to do with their upbringing. Unlike guns, however, a pit has a mind of its own, so there is a certain degree of unpredictability with the dog.

Here's a thought (soapbox time!): The media and useful idiot followers happily jump on the "pit bulls are evil" bandwagon. When you think about it, though, isn't this generalization a form of prejudice against a certain breed of dog? "Well, it's very simple," they'll say. "Look how many pit bulls injure or kill people."

Maybe the statistics are valid. However, they'll balk when faced with the "Look how many xyz people commit crimes" argument.

I've never been a fan of any racist, but I like hypocrites even less. A person who decries racism or similar prejudices, but clings to other generalities such as gun owners are nuts, southerners are idiots, Texans are gun owning morons, Republicans hate the environment, poor people, and kittens, and Pit Bulls are evil. It's exactly the same generalization that goes into detesting a person because of his or her skin color, just more politically correct.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    -DoubleactionCHL:

I think you may have provided the most persuasive argument to get to me regarding this issue.

I have only known one person in my life that owned a pit bull and she claimed exactly the same thing you stated about your pit. The girl always said her pit was a big baby and just wanted her belly rubbed when she met new people. I admit that I have been guilty of making hasty judgements without adequate personal experience which is probably a vice. I would say certainly a vice if the majority of someone's experience was gleaned from the major media.

I still say harsher punishments would help in most cases rather than a ban on pretty much anything.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

Not that I care, but you seem a bit hypocritical, if not, devious. You came in here posting what seemed like an open and honest question, implying you didn't know much about the breed. Then, when you get responses you don't like, you unload with how you have years and years of experience raising and showing them. On top of that, you're now pushing for members here to join your bandwagon (that link you posted). If you have an agenda, a dishonest approach such as this thread won't get you much support.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Not that I care, but you seem a bit hypocritical, if not, devious. You came in here posting what seemed like an open and honest question, implying you didn't know much about the breed. Then, when you get responses you don't like, you unload with how you have years and years of experience raising and showing them. On top of that, you're now pushing for members here to join your bandwagon (that link you posted). If you have an agenda, a dishonest approach such as this thread won't get you much support.

Well put, sir.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Pits are not my cup of tea, but I have several friends that own them and they are good dogs. I prefer a Rottweiller to a Pit Bull. I agree the rap music/gangsta mentality is primarily to blame for the Pit Bull's reputation. Any dog will bite when not properly socialized and the large/strong breeds (Rotty's, Pits, Mastiffs) can and do cause severe damage when thy do bite. My understanding is the Poodle is responsible for more bites than Pit Bulls but they rarely kill so it does not make for sensational headlines.

Shootemuptex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    The Woodlands
    Pits are no different than people. They all have individual personalities. I worked in a vet clinic through college and determined their were different personalities for every breed of dog. IMHO any dog can be aggressive as well as docile. Pits get the bad rap because #1 they have the ability to cause massive damage because of their strength and #2 because such attacks are sensationalized in the media. My roomate in college had an amstaff that was more gentle than his 30lbs blue heeler.

Top Bottom