• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slim jim

Official News Guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Homeowner shoots back at M-16/AR-15 wielding robbers

CCTV:Feb 05/09.Tucson,Arizona,A homeowner, alerted of an impending home invasion by his security cameras, arms himself and takes matters into his hands last Thursday when four armed suspects attempt to break into his home.

Also attached is the news story*...top right.

The video the owner caught is incredible. You see a vehicle pull up, and four men run out. One of them is carrying what appea More..rs to be an AR-15 or M-16, a weapon which could be fully automatic.

The robbery happened last Thursday in broad daylight at a home on West Vande Loo Street. All the action was caught by the homeowners outdoor surveillance system.

"The victim was able to get back inside his house, close his door, semi barricade it, reach for [a] weapon that was easily accessible," says Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Earl Gieron.

The homeowner shot at the suspects. He even put a bullet through the windshield of the suspects car, which is also caught on camera. The four men retreated and took off. All of them remain on the run.

Sheriff's officials say the homeowner has surveillance cameras installed all around his house.

Dep. Gieron says, "That was just for his own security."

People living in the neighborhood heard all the gunshots, and saw the aftermath. Some stray bullets even hit a home across the street.

One man says, "I was asleep around noon Thursday, and heard gunshots."

Lawrence Cruz lives down the street from where the attempted home invasion happened.

"I am very watchful where we live and I think everybody has right to defend their property," says Cruz.

Detectives did find the suspect's vehicle at a home near Cardinal and Valencia, but the four men are still on the run.

One of the suspects has been identified as 23-year-old Jesus Mendivil. It's believed he was shot in the arm.

The three other men are all described as Hispanic males between 17 and 25-years-old. Less..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e55_1234305715&c=1
    Target Sports

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    lol, wonder what he was shooting back with... also find it interesting that they refer to a ar/m16 as being "fully auto" damn even the military issue M4s aren't fully auto, only 3rnd burst, and I doubt they had that.

BTW those guys probably thought they where badasses, not only where they sloppy in tactics but they're scared little girls, just like a criminal... any sort of resistance and they run with their tails between their legs.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    lol, wonder what he was shooting back with... also find it interesting that they refer to a ar/m16 as being "fully auto" damn even the military issue M4s aren't fully auto, only 3rnd burst, and I doubt they had that.

It said "could be". Under NFA, burst is still FA. And I was under the impression that most military-issued M4s are FA capable.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    It said "could be". Under NFA, burst is still FA. And I was under the impression that most military-issued M4s are FA capable.

Current military issue M-16's/M-4's are not fully automatic. They are semi-automatic/3 round burst. This was done to conserve ammunition, which doesn't necessarily help due to the size of the rounds used since you have to fire 30 rounds to stop someone.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    There's no need for full auto main battle rifles... 99.9% of people never use the burst feature anyways, you go through way to much ammo, and you're not necessarily going to hit your target with round number 2 and 3. Full auto weapons are suppressive fire weapons.. period.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Man, seeing that M16/AR15 was kind of startling. I mean for a simple home invasion, that many people plus a semi auto rifle is kind of overkill. That's pretty freaky. Me thinks I should load ALL 14 of my P220 mags and the FAL just in case, and maybe the Mosin for backup! lol ;)

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    There's no need for full auto main battle rifles... 99.9% of people never use the burst feature anyways, you go through way to much ammo, and you're not necessarily going to hit your target with round number 2 and 3. Full auto weapons are suppressive fire weapons.. period.

I agree, I've only used burst once in my 7 year (so far) military career. Its pointless, at that point the weapon goes from a target weapon to an area weapon. The one time I did use burst was for a familurization range fire and just for fun really, wasn't even required to use burst, just did it cause I could.

The increase in robberies, breaking & enterings, etc. Is the reason why I keep stocking up on ammo. Not to mention it seems like its getting harder to get ammo in certain calibers.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Those kids looked like if you shot a .22 at them they would run. They were not expecting resistance, and when they got it they ran. But having a semi-auto to shoot back with and some good aim decreases the chance they'll ever have of doing it again :)

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I think the number of home invasions has increased alot over the years...and its more imperative than ever for home owners to be prepared for this sort of crime. Do most of you carry in your home? I know of friends who not only carry in their home but keep a shotgun within a few yards reach. Guess you never know when a threat can arise...

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    I think the number of home invasions has increased alot over the years...and its more imperative than ever for home owners to be prepared for this sort of crime. Do most of you carry in your home? I know of friends who not only carry in their home but keep a shotgun within a few yards reach. Guess you never know when a threat can arise...

I, typically, do not carry in my home. In my home, I have better options than when out and about.

A pistol is a piss-poor defensive weapon and should never be a primary choice. It is, however, easily concealable and hence its popularity. At home, a shotgun is, IMO, a much better option. Out and about, I go with a Kimber Ultra Carry, but if I was ever involved in a situation like the story in the OP, the only thing I would be using the pistol for was trying to fight my way to a rifle or out of range.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I agree...a shotgun is a much better option but for myself...it would take a bit of time to go to the room to get one if something were to happen at home.

How do you like that Kimber Ultra Carry? I have a friend that just picked one up while we were in Fort Worth during the week...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom