• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SB_FA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Jefferson County
    I plan to apply for a class 6 FFL and after thoroughly researching the process still have a couple of questions. I would ideally like to have it out of my home but I’m in the city limits and it’s zoned in a single family unit area. Their website and others say the ATF checks to make sure your location is compliant with local zoning laws before they will issue any class of license. I’m sure they mean any class but before I call them I wanted to get some feedback from someone that has been through it. I really have two questions; does the ATF really check local zoning before issuing a class 6 FFL? Since I suspect they do, my second question is has anyone had experience getting a Specific Use Permit from their local zoning board allowing ammunition manufacturing?
    Thanks,
    SB
    Target Sports

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    No experience with your questions, but it might be helpful to list the actual Zoning Board that would be making the decision. Perhaps members here have some familiarity with the board.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I would not take any chances doing anything where anyone, ATF or the City, can play the gotcha game with you. I would talk to the city and see what you can do to get them to give you the zoning you need. Maybe just say you want to have an FFL business, and not necessary mention it's an home base ammo MFG plant. I'm thinking they might not like that idea in a residential area. Although there are plenty of people who have enough components in their house to have an ammo factory... Good luck!

SB_FA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Jefferson County
    Good point, the zoning board in question is in Nederland Texas. If anyone has had any experience dealing with them for any FFL related issue I would appreciate your feedback.

Top Bottom