• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I saw that exact same damage on a Wolf steel casing that was stuck in a friend's AR. The cause of his problems? A shitload of fouling buildup caused by a four-digit round count and him not knowing how to field-strip and clean the rifle. When I dropped the firing pin, it was completely black with sludge. Took an hour just to get the BCG and barrel clean, chamber took half an hour. Once I did, though, the gun ran flawless for the next 38 rounds (18 Wolf, then 20 M193).

The recovered casings have absolutely zero marks on them other than a nice firing pin indent in the primer.
    Military Camp

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Field stripping and cleaning is optional in some people's minds. I have two friends at work that had never cleaned their AR's.
    Incomprehensible to me, coming from .mil, but perfectly acceptable in their minds.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Do you see velcro on ejection port ? That will fix the issue apart from cleaning and other solution provided here.

pic3qv.jpg

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Most likely overgassed.

Field stripping and cleaning is optional in some people's minds. I have two friends at work that had never cleaned their AR's.
    Incomprehensible to me, coming from .mil, but perfectly acceptable in their minds.

As a soldier in a combat arms mos,unit armorer, weapons cadre for unit and someone always in a terrain that hates weapons i can say with 100% pure unscientific fact but personal experiance that field stripping and cleaning is not only worthless to a certain extent but harmful. I cant give you the extact data on one of my personal ar15s but it hasnt been cleaned in several years and functions perfectly fine. The reason? Its all in the lube, ive been using froglube since it first came out and was just barely getting on the market and only by word of mouth. If you use any kind of issued clp then i agree 1000% that regular cleaning is needed. That crap they give us is pure junk and isnt worth a cent.

I have turned on multiple others to froglube including other soldiers and leo's. When they see how clean my weapon is compared to theres after a similar round count or much higher they definately convert.

Last edited:

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    Maybe check the extractor spring/rubber insert.
    I have ran into a bad batch of extractor springs recently that were not heat treated correctly and collapse over time.
    They work at first but they soften up pretty quickly to the point they don't hold at all.

Look at your brass and see if the extractor has a good hold on the rim or if it's not engaged completely and pulling just the edge of the rim back - if it's on the edge, check the spring.

I know this is a "maybe" thing but those springs are cheap!

Hope that helps you out friend!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom