• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chickenwing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Central Texas
    This is a friend of mine's home in Austin just off of Brodie and William Cannon. He found this Tuesday of this week. The spray paint indicates some group called the "Westgate boys." There is a cash reward for any information about anyone who was involved in this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg

Chickenwing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Central Texas
    Amen. He and his family have had the property for over 60 years and nothing like that has ever happened before. The pictures don't show the true extent of the destruction.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    What I got to say ain't fit for a public forum.

Not much to say that ain't already covered here.

Texas Penal Code: Title 2 said:
    Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:

(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or

(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Not finding any info on the WGB's ? Any info on this bunch?

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    That tagging was done by kids, or someone who has never picked up a can of spray paint before. Your best bet is to keep using google to find the words on someone's social networking profile. I have found people guilty of stuff like this in that manner before.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    And a side note, that damage doesn't look like it was done in one night. Seems like it built up, looks more like a hang out for them, was the property alone for an extended amount of time? If so then they may go back, perhaps a game cam can help.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Game cam is what I was thinking too.

Interesting observation about it being the first time they've picked up a can of spray paint. Care to expand on that for those of us who can't tell the difference?

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    It's sloppy, just like a kid with crayons. They retraced words several times. The words are in different angles. No purpose, just being jackasses. Basically what was said by someone else, it's probably a small group trying to prove something among their own peers

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Am I right to assume this is in the area called Westgate? Not that I'm familiar with the area besides what I found on the map, but I agree with Wiked that it was a group of kids, probably younger teens, and not anything organized. I would be willing to wager that they also don't live to far from the scene and have hidden access to the property, maybe via a wooded area along the property. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprise if you found a trail leading to one of their homes.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Am I right to assume this is in the area called Westgate? Not that I'm familiar with the area besides what I found on the map, but I agree with Wiked that it was a group of kids, probably younger teens, and not anything organized. I would be willing to wager that they also don't live to far from the scene and have hidden access to the property, maybe via a wooded area along the property. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprise if you found a trail leading to one of their homes.

There was evidence that they are old enough to drive.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I don't use the term "Taggers" or being "Tagged. They are vandals, it is vandalism. They are are criminals.

Nothing personal against people who do, though...

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Hide in the woods with paintball guns. Full auto paintball guns. Bring friends with full auto paintball guns. Lots of friends. Tag the taggers with your own paint. Rinse, lather, repeat.

sent from my dishwasher

Top Bottom