• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xaero

Jan 2, 2015
    I'm going to apologize up front for the lengthy post, but I felt this story needs to be shared.

I bought a 10.5" upper chambered in 5.56 back in February. I was looking for a 1/7 barrel and once I inquired about getting that twist rate, I was immediately met with a can-do attitude. The upper was received a couple days later after extremely fast shipping and I noticed some notes on the included invoice. A hand written "1/7bbl" note was made, and confirmed by me. Score! exactly what I wanted! The upper went in my safe, and I proceeded to file an ATF From 1 to SBR a lower that I had. Then, I waited...

Fast forward ~40 days, FORM 1 Approved. Fast forward another 2 weeks, and the lower was built, and Upper and Lower were mated perfectly! The finishes were slightly off, but what the hell, I'm building a safe queen! Next stop was the range!

It was at the range when things stopped going smoothly. In the end, I was getting some binding from the BCG and there were concentric tool marks on it that made me believe it was suspect. Ammo, mags, buffer, and spring were all swapped out. Short-stroking, failure to hold open on last shot, etc. After swapping in a Colt Carrier, the SBR ran like a champ and ate any ammo I threw at it. And I'm talking Wolf Gold .223, American Eagle 5.56, Independence 5.56, and Federal M855.

I contacted the team at Runner Runner and they asked for some pics. Once sent, they replied with an RMA label to swap out the BCG. I then asked if I could do a upgrade to a NiB-X carrier if I paid for it. No problem! I paid for the upgrade and submitted payment. I followed up to see if it was possible to cross-ship the new BCG since I was headed out of town, and didn't want it sitting on my porch waiting for me to get back based on when I thought it would be sent.

I received a shipping notification on Saturday, and happened to check the tracking link today, and it was picked up at 1:45 today, with an expected delivery in time for my trip!!!

These guys are top notch and stand behind their products. It is so refreshing to deal with such an all-star operation. I think I talked to everyone in the store, Joseph, Tyler, Garrett, and every single one of these guys is willing to help and listen, and make an attempt to solve the issue.

Again, many thanks, and hats off to the Runner Runner team and business.

I think I'm going to have to buy another upper this week, just to show how much I appreciate you guys! You have a permanent customer here!

Keep up the good work!

Satisfied in Michigan
    Gun Zone Deals

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Glad to hear of the good CS support!

But, it seems odd that you, in Michigan, would join a Texas Forum & your first post is this....

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Glad to see their impressive CS isn't hindered by distance, especially cross-country. They just moved up my list of Texas-based (and American) companies to look into when I can finally afford to get back into shooting.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Although they stand behind their products (have experienced this first hand) they would benefit greatly from some improved quality control!

sent from wait...where am I!?

xaero

Jan 2, 2015
    Glad to hear of the good CS support!

But, it seems odd that you, in Michigan, would join a Texas Forum & your first post is this....

Odd? Maybe. But like 35Remington said, I Googled Runner Runner Guns and found a forum where they were active and presumed where prospective and legacy customer would go for research and news. I felt I had a good story to share since they are more rare versus the rampant negativity when something goes wrong. Where the physical locality of where I am is completely irrelevant to the great service I got from the team in Texas. If they were in Michigan, or i was in Texas, I would have posted the same story. Cant help being fired up and I wanted to share the excitement.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The specific lower I mounted this one on is a Bushmaster, but it sat equally well on my Colt 6920 lower as well as my Bravo Company lower.
    Thanks.

Thread jack-
    My last build was a spikes lower and PSA upper and it had a noticeable gap but it didn't have wobble or play. I handled a friends dedicated 9mm lower and the fit to the upper even with an accuwedge wasn't acceptable for me. The gap was double what mine is on the last build.

Top Bottom