Texas SOT

Eye protection. There has to be something better.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    upload_2018-4-11_12-0-39.png
    ARJ Defense ad

M&P9_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    I like WileyX and Oakley as they both provide ballistic protection but don’t look like shooting glasses, so I can wear them anywhere. For those of us with prescription classes there are a number of places online that will make lens for WileyX and Oakley frames; full lens or bifocal with the prescription at top, middle, or bottom of the lens to suit your shooting style. In any case, ditch the cheap safety glasses. Will they protect? Yes, but they are garbage compared to the clarity of a good pair of shooting glasses.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK so.... I like my glasses against my face. I don't like them out away from my face more towards the bridge of my nose. What you get when you were your glasses like this is smudge, dirt and sweat from your eye brows on the lens. I like Oakley M frames because there is distance between the lens and my face. The frame is up against my face but not the lens.

I like these http://www.oakleysi.com/Root/Eyewear/Ballistic/SI-Ballistic-M-Frame-3-0/p/700285606767

Ok so let me add this... I have 2 targets set up. 600yrds & 800yrds. I have solar lights set up on them and shoot at night. Up to this point... I've been shooting without glasses. Anyone have experience at long range night shooting? I guess there are no problems that arise with glare or anything of that nature?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I would love to get into a set of fully-adjustable glasses where you can mix and match the parts you want and put each lens exactly where you want it, but they are not about full-coverage safety and run into the $300-500 range.
    I have Knoblochs. They are utterly wonderful.

They're also designed for shooting sports where eye protection is optional under the rules; they provide zero safety.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I need glasses that fit over glasses. I have a hard time finding something that actually works and is comfortable.
    I find "works", "comfortable", and "fit over glasses" to be mutually exclusive. I hope someone proves me wrong.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I bought the Wiley x, saber glasses.
    Clear, smoke, rust tint lenses.
    Looks like very good lenses with no distortion .
    It'll be a while before I get behind a scope, but I'm going to wear them this week at work. So far the fit is pretty good. A little snug on the earpieces, but not uncomfortable .

Top Bottom