• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    My parents are in town from Maine. Today is their last day here. I don’t know when I’ll see them again. Two weeks ago I asked my boss and coworker if I could have today off that way I could see them before they had to go to the airport.

I usually work Tuesday-Sunday and have Monday’s off. I’ve worked the last 4 Monday holidays because they didn’t want to work.

I get pulled into the office Friday, told that they can’t work because their kids daycare is closed and there’s no school and he doesn’t want to bring his kid to work like he has in the past without an issue.

So I get roped into working on my day off, with my parents in town.

It’s time I move on from this place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    DK Firearms

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Your boss look like this?

https://i.imgur.com/EblGJb8.jpg
    EblGJb8.jpg

Attachments

• EblGJb8.jpg
      EblGJb8.jpg
      43.4 KB · Views: 491

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I just have to ask if being from Maine if you know the Smiley Dairy? I got to know a Fred Smiley back in 1982. Last year a women from work was from Maine & she actually knew him. I figure it aint a big state.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I think what you do should depend on how bad you need that job during your search for the next job? You say your search isn't going well, so maybe you should try to make the best of what you have while you have it. Or are you are irreplaceable where you are working now?

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    My parents are in town from Maine. Today is their last day here. I don’t know when I’ll see them again. Two weeks ago I asked my boss and coworker if I could have today off that way I could see them before they had to go to the airport.

I usually work Tuesday-Sunday and have Monday’s off. I’ve worked the last 4 Monday holidays because they didn’t want to work.

I get pulled into the office Friday, told that they can’t work because their kids daycare is closed and there’s no school and he doesn’t want to bring his kid to work like he has in the past without an issue.

So I get roped into working on my day off, with my parents in town.

It’s time I move on from this place
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grow a pair and get on with your life, or do you need internet permission to do that too. Spend time with your parents, now that I give you permission.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Don't quit your current job until you have another in hand. Always easier to find a job when you have one.

Also, leave your current job on good terms. Just say you found a better opportunity that you could not pass up. Never know what might come back around in the future. I have seen people sorely regret slamming the door behind them.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Don't quit your current job until you have another in hand. Always easier to find a job when you have one.

Also, leave your current job on good terms. Just say you found a better opportunity that you could not pass up. Never know what might come back around in the future. I have seen people sorely regret slamming the door behind them.
    This is good advice that you should listen to.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That sucks, but it does make me appreciate the job I have more. I hope you find a job that you can appreciate and people that you appreciate working with. I have one of those and wouldn't trade it for twice the pay.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    GGRRRR! Yup, that would piss me off!

It's just a job...… nothing more. You trade your time for a check and the concepts of "career" or "team" are simply bad jokes in 2019. Permanence in employment is an illusion. Only you can make that decision...….. how important is this to you?

I don't suggest that you quit in a huff but they are stabbing you in the back and if it goes down, you'll get MORE of this in the future. They found your price.

For me? Never had any family to worry about. When I'm jacked around, I leave.

Once, a boss trashed me on the company radio! The job I was doing went perfectly and everything worked 100%, but I vowed that when I quit, I'd walk out without notice because of his BS. I marked that event in my "pay back ledger" and when the time came, that's what I did.

It felt great! Payback is a bitch!

Remember...….A boss can screw a working man in many ways. A working man can screw a boss thousands of ways!

Flash

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill

This is good advice that you should listen to.
    Yes. Yes

Top Bottom