• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 350xfire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Hello everyone. I found this site while looking for help on an hk91/g3 build. Just got a complete fa91 for a decent price and would like to get rid of the aluminum receiver and built it on a ptr91 receiver. Anyone in Texas that can help with the transplant? Can I reuse all the parts. Do I need anything else other than new receiver? The gun is actually complete and will probably fire as is.
    Thanks
    Lynx Defense

Gun Show Podcast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    It seems to me you would be better off selling your rifle and buying what you want. The HK9x is not an AR that any monkey Can 'smith nor is it an AK that any mechanic can work on.

A transplant will require drilling on expensive parts and welding up even more expensive parts while at the same time keeping them all aligned, and then the refinishing...

I would sell it. Or shoot it as is....

Atlas Thug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2013
    Big FTW
    It seems to me you would be better off selling your rifle and buying what you want. The HK9x is not an AR that any monkey Can 'smith nor is it an AK that any mechanic can work on.

Thats exactly the same reason I personally dumped the PTR as my main gun for an LR 308.
    They are Pretty straight forward to work on, if needed.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    You may also hit up HKPRO Forum about this as well. They have a pretty active HK91/clone subforum over there and I have found it pretty helpful with my PTR.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Join the FALFiles or HK pro forums and get in touch with GhilleBear. I don't know where you are located, but he is in Oklahoma, and is in Texas some for hunting. He can build it right, but it probably won't be cheap.
    Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it, this use to be a fairly popular conversion.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Don't dump it. Check your bolt gap , cocking tube gap and you should be good to go. I can give you some good buider references if you want but shoot it until the alluminum trunnion barrel pin loosens. Ghilliebear AKA Jeff Walters is the man for HK rebuilds. I can give you some links if you need on cocking tube gap...let me know if you need to know how to check bolt gap.

Is there anything wrong or are you just going off of what you read?

You should only need a new receiver and I can walk you through it if you have the right tools. If you are close to Austin, I'd be glad to help you out.

Last edited:

350xfire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Ended up selling it. I really wanted an AR-10 to begin with... haha. I'm sure I have the tools but those roller bolt carrier guns seem to be a bit of a pain!
    Thanks guys

Top Bottom