Facebook...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Phoebe Ann, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Speaking of Facebook, I've been on it a few weeks and I'm having a ball catching up with so many of my friends from the past. I'm hoping the newness wears off soon!

I'd like for someone to tell me about the fascination with Mafia Wars. I just don't get it. It appears to take up a lot of time. How do you people have families and jobs? :rofl: And I haven't even asked about the Farm Animal thing yet. Oy. :rofl:

2. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    Mafia wars is stupid/simple/time-consuming, etc... That being said, stay away from it because it's uber addicting.

If you don't want to see the mafia wars posts on your facebook page anymore, do this: move your mouse cursor to the top right corner of the post and a small box that says hide post will appear. Click on it and a menu will drop down with 2 options a)hide (name of poster) or b)hide mafia wars (or whatever app). Click on that and you won't have to see it again. You can still access the application if you choose to, but you won't have to see every little thing that someone else does. I play mafia wars, but I hide the posts because I don't want to see all the posts it makes.

3. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    You play Mafia Wars??? :eek:

:rofl:

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I can quit any time, I don't need your help!

Gahhhhhh...

BTW, you should join our TGT group. Click on the Facebook icon in the upper right under your username and private message stats.

5. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    Hey Alan, the link goes to the TGT page, but you need it to go to the TGO page too or instead...lol

6. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Facebook is the new crack I think. They do call it "Crackbook" for a reason. I, personally check my page every couple of days, but have several friends who are addicted and connected all day and all night. They cant even take a s**t without letting everyone know about it. Exhausting!

7. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It's like multiplayer Solitaire with better pictures. Solitaire, as addicting as it is, doesn't have a button with which to punch other people in the face and steal their dough. ;) lol j/k

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I changed it to the TGO page.

9. DoubleActionCHL

DoubleActionCHL Well-Known

Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Holy crap! First MySpace, then Facebook. Who has time for that? I'm exhausted just arguing with YOU Bozos!!!! :lolz:

10. Exile Machine

Exile Machine Active Member

May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Stay away from Mafia Wars. There is no way to win the game and it's really hard to quit.