• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I mentioned before that I had not read any of the comments that were in favor of the new ruling. But I did run across my first one just now.
    In fact, it looks like the majority of comments posted on September 4, are in favor of the ruling. Everytown has boasted they are flooding the ATF with comments in favor. Looks like there is some truth to it. We still have today and tomorrow to submit comments.

Dear Arm Brace Rule Comments,

I am writing in support of the ATF's proposed rule (Docket No. ATF 2021R-08) that would help close the Arm Brace Loophole.

This proposed rule is necessary to make clear that pistols configured with arm braces designed to be fired from the shoulder should properly be classified as short-barreled rifles and subject to the National Firearms Act. The ATF had permitted some arm braces to be sold because they enabled disabled shooters to operate large-format pistols with one hand, which did not run afoul of the law, but the gun industry intentionally exploited this narrow exception for profit. The industry started marketing and selling short-barreled rifles to the general public. This proposed rule would be a win for public safety because short-barreled rifles are particularly dangerous due to their combination of concealability and lethality. The “arm brace loophole” has already seen deadly consequences: mass shooters in Boulder and Dayton used weapons equipped with arm braces to modify their pistols into more deadly weapons. For too long, gun companies have circumvented the law regulating short barrel rifles by selling pistols affixed with arm braces — evading common-sense public safety requirements ,such as enhanced background checks. The proposed rule addresses the threat to public safety, while still allowing for disabled shooters to utilize arm braces and it should be finalized
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I am hearing and reading that the ATF will make it's final decision in August. Without a grandfather clause, I don't see how the ATF can get away with retroactively making millions of people felons. The constitution specifically prohibits Ex Post Facto laws.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I am hearing and reading that the ATF will make it's final decision in August. Without a grandfather clause, I don't see how the ATF can get away with retroactively making millions of people felons. The constitution specifically prohibits Ex Post Facto laws.
    Nothing is out of the question with this administration, I fear.

Top Bottom