• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've only read through 25 or 30 comments, but I haven't seen any supporting the proposed rule change. I just tried to post another comment and it told me the system was not available at this time. Try again later.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I've only read through 25 or 30 comments, but I haven't seen any supporting the proposed rule change. I just tried to post another comment and it told me the system was not available at this time. Try again later.

Don’t think public comments will influence the outcome. For most rules, unless there’s significant industry engagement with the regulator - which won’t be in public comments anyways - the comment period is just a formality.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Don’t think public comments will influence the outcome. For most rules, unless there’s significant industry engagement with the regulator - which won’t be in public comments anyways - the comment period is just a formality.
    Contacting congressmen might though.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've looked through a LOT of them. I haven't seen a single one supporting the rule change. It's been a few days since I've looked though.

There's probably some, but they are beyond buried, which is a good thing.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

They are REQUIRED to take the comments into account. Failure to do so could easily get their rule change thrown out in court.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That is not what 5 USC 553 says. Federal agencies only have to consider relevant matter presented.
    Yes, and if they ignore the thousands of people pointing out all the very clearly flawed parts of their rule change, the FPC is going to eat them alive in court.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes, and if they ignore the thousands of people pointing out all the very clearly flawed parts of their rule change, the FPC is going to eat them alive in court.

And in the end, if battles end up in court over the ATF making rules by redefining the parameters. It might have the result of neutering their power.

Or at least we can hope.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Did you forget the judiciary assumption that the agency is considered the subject matter expert? The arbitrary and capricious argument that comes up in APA rule making cases has been specifically addressed in case law. It is not the judiciary’s role to determine if the rule is just or not; their role is to narrowly determine if the process was followed.

Sure, activist judges have taken action outside their role, but those cases are appealed and generally overturned.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Who are the best representatives to contact to have our voices heard? Already commented on the aft sight and to ted. Some may stand up for us, others won't like sjl

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Who are the best representatives to contact to have our voices heard? Already commented on the aft sight and to ted. Some may stand up for us, others won't like sjl

The entire letter is here:

Top Bottom