• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Rules about braces and even SBR are stupid rules. Period! Listened to the news last nite, guy says it is terrible that they are killing our 1 yr old kids with high powered RIFLES. Yea, right. IDIOTS OPEN THEIR MOUTHS. Original law was written due to sawed off shotguns that were CONCEALABLE. Semi auto pistols (normal carry stuff) has as much firepower now as an SBR so why the rule? IMHO due to better accuracy at distance to defend against FEDERAL POLICE.
    Texas SOT

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Rules about braces and even SBR are stupid rules. Period! Listened to the news last nite, guy says it is terrible that they are killing our 1 yr old kids with high powered RIFLES. Yea, right. IDIOTS OPEN THEIR MOUTHS. Original law was written due to sawed off shotguns that were CONCEALABLE. Semi auto pistols (normal carry stuff) has as much firepower now as an SBR so why the rule? IMHO due to better accuracy at distance to defend against FEDERAL POLICE.

Normal carry pistols don't have the same firepower as an AR pistol in 5.56, or am I wrong?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Normal carry pistols don't have the same firepower as an AR pistol in 5.56, or am I wrong?
    I don't think you are wrong, though it could be argued that PCC AR pistols don't have more firepower than normal carry pistols but,

AR pistols in 5.56 do have less, certainly not more, firepower than AR rifles in 5.56, so the SBR rules are still stupid...

Any relative concealability comparison of AR pistols to rifles is still stupid, when you consider that an AR rifle can be broken down into concealable/packable parts and then quickly reassembled.

Of course, you know all this, and I am just singing to the choir... off-key...

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    After the comment period the agency drafts the final rule. Can be days, weeks, months, years, or never. Once the final rule is published in the federal register, it’s generally 30 days until effective.
    Ok, cool. Well, not cool, but, you know. I was afraid it was already final.

rpwilson

Single Action Army Activist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Richmond
    That is one of the points I made in some of my comments.
    I have made the same point in mine, along with the fact this unfairly attacks owners of firearms that have previously been deemed legal by the ATF, either forcing them to pay a tax and register, remove the accessory and make the firearm less useful, or forfeit the firearm.

On a side note, the ATF is an infringement on everyone's right to bear arms

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have submitted 6 comments over the past couple of months. Since the proposed rules will not come to a vote in Congress, Cruz and Cornyn can't do much other than write a letter to the ATF.
    Of course, but that pressure cannot hurt and might help.

Top Bottom