• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I have them stashed somewhere. They may come in useful someday for something. It’s a nice little freebie gift from the gun manufacturer. It’s there way of saying thanks for buying this firearm. Here is a free universal lock for locking up random things like bikes or gates. A box of ammo would be preferable but its still a nice gesture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I have them stashed somewhere. They may come in useful someday for something. It’s a nice little freebie gift from the gun manufacturer. It’s there way of saying thanks for buying this firearm. Here is a free universal lock for locking up random things like bikes or gates. A box of ammo would be preferable but its still a nice gesture.

It’s not a freebie…it’s a gun lock to avoid liability issues for the manufacturer.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The actual locks, I have a drawer in one of my toolboxes that I keep locks in for various things. The cheesy plastic crap they call a lock, or a trigger lock, get tossed.

Side Note: Ruger use to include a really nice padlock, that was pretty well made with the Mark series of 22 pistols.
    Still have a ruger pad lock that I use on a little locker.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I've never used one, never thrown one away, don't have them all in one place, and probably couldn't find one without some looking...

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

They are not free. The cost has been passed onto the buyer in the price of the gun. Also, it is not a nice gesture, they do it to avoid being sued for not doing it or at least to put up as a defense, if a kid gets your gun and shoots someone.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    They are not free. The cost has been passed onto the buyer in the price of the gun. Also, it is not a nice gesture, they do it to avoid being sued for not doing it or at least to put up as a defense, if a kid gets your gun and shoots someone.

Glenn, lighten up, and stop taking everyone's post's so literal. He being sarcastically humorous about the locks. As in not serious.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    They are as "free" as those little wipies that came with KFC when I was growing up! OR, as free as the little packets of sauce from Taco Bell!

Wolfy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2021
    West Texas
    They work okay if you need to lock a gate. They also work in a pinch for a bike lock.

1AAAFEAB-F29C-44F3-A594-8A1C96F33BB6.jpeg
    specially for really tiny bikes

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    In the box on the top shelf in my gun room with all the other useless junk that I failed to throw away.

Top Bottom