• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I wanted to be open about it. Give it a chance.... The movie left me indifferent.

Aspects looked rehashed from the movie 'Equilibrium' and the movie '1984'. With the first being exciting and the second being dry. Same old flame throwers and books. Government boots going around saying what's what. Things on fire with a side drama of becoming, 'woke'.

I didn't find it overly original on the plot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It is rare that a movie is better than the book, especially a remake of a movie about a book. 1953 novel from Ray Bradbury:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_451

I agree. They can't make an Atlas Shrugged movie that comes anywhere close to the book, either. The attempts have been garbage and it loses a lot of the plot of the book. Plus they can't seem to translate it to a movie.

After watching the 451. I would have rather read the book.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The books great the original movie made in 1966 was pretty damn good!
    I saw the movie before I read the book, but I agree, I did like the 66 movie. The book was great, but then that was when I was in my Bradbury phase of book reading, so of course it was great!

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    I agree. They can't make an Atlas Shrugged movie that comes anywhere close to the book, either. The attempts have been garbage and it loses a lot of the plot of the book. Plus they can't seem to translate it to a movie.

I'd love to see Atlas Shrugged done properly. It seems like The Fountainhead was done decently, of course Gary Cooper and Patricia Neal probably had a lot to do with that.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

After watching the 451. I would have rather read the book.

In all fairness, it is rather difficult to put a complex book as long as Atlas Shrugged into a move (or even a big screen trilogy). The book should be required reading for all high schoolers.

Bradbury wrote some great stuff. Dandelion Wine had the most incredible imagery. Great read. Many others as well.

First 451 move was decent. Not sure what is with Hollywood and all the remakes today. Sure, there have always been remakes but seems like this is far more prevalent today. Guess there is not enough quality script writing any more.

Top Bottom