Join TexasGunTalk

Failure to eject?

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by lbbf, Jun 13, 2020.

1. lbbf

lbbf Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    I have a standard 10/22 receiver and bolt matched to a volquartzen barrel that fails to eject 1 out of every 10 rounds. I replaced the ejector with a KIDD ejector and spring but the problem persists. It will pull the case from the chamber but won't throw it clear of the bolt. What is my next step?

2. Bigtanker

Bigtanker New Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Indiana
    What ammo are you using? If it's standard/low velocity, your recoil spring may the culprit. It could be short stroking. Also is the action clean? A gummed up action could also cause this.

3. tonelar

tonelar Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    do you mean KIDD extractor and spring?

what 22LR ammo are you using?

4. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

Simplest thing is a thorough cleaning.

5. tonelar

tonelar Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    and magazines

6. lbbf

lbbf Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Sorry extractor and spring. I have completely taken the gun apart and cleaned every nook and cranny. It fails to eject with everything I've tried. From cheap thunder to match grade ammo. The federal match grade 40gr shoots very well out of it and seems to jam less but I still get a failure to eject every 10 rounds. Sometimes it stove pipes other times the round looks like a double feed but the top one has fired.

7. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    Dirty chamber can cause this issue.
    Not saying it is 100% , but it's a quick thing to try.

8. lbbf

lbbf Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    I've cleaned the hell out of it. So much so that I now know how every spring and pin gets removed, searched for on the floor for an hour. and reinstalled.

9. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Try loading & manually unloading. Try it until you see what point it fails. Hell I sold my 10/22 so long ago I cannot even remember ho the ejector is in it.