• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    In answer to the original question, not yet. But, that doesn't mean it won't happen. Most likely sooner than later.
    DK Firearms

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not much of a gateway.
    ... I’m managing a new page for the radio controlled aircraft club in the area in an attempt to reach out to new and younger members. It’s where the kids are so it’s where we need to go...

I think using FB and other social media channels in an effort to be where your members are, for a specific purpose is a good decision.

As with everything, FB, twitter, meth, it's all in whether you choose to control it or let it control you.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Not much of a gateway.

I spend about 10 minutes a day on FB like someone else mentioned and have no interest in ever having a Twittergram account. I have some folks I spent time in Iraq with an it’s an easy way to keep in touch. From time to time I trigger a liberal.

The only caveat is that I’m managing a new page for the radio controlled aircraft club in the area in an attempt to reach out to new and younger members. It’s where the kids are so it’s where we need to go. That may eventually push in to the realm of twittergram somehow depending on the results we get.

I don’t mind being on FB. They don’t want conservatives talking there and spreading facts, so I’m happy to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much agree with all this.

I have a huge and very spread out family and it keeps me in contact with many of them. Local groups are handy to join too.

I never moved on to Snapogram or any of the other ones. There is a lot of info on those too but I get enough junk from FB.

Surprisingly I have never been banned from there as I am not afraid to tell somebody off that needs it.

Social media can be a great tool if used properly.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I joined circa late 2005, when my youngest daughter was in college and, while setting up a throwaway email account for her on one of my servers, kept seeing all these weird messages from "Facebook" (WTF?) scrolling across the pipe by the thousands.

It was just starting to get popular with the students in universities around the country, and initially it was a good way to keep up with my daughters, one in the US and one in the UK, and without a lot of security concerns ... until you started to have to opt OUT of hidden shit Suckerberg didn't publicize, hoping you wouldn't see it.

What was once useful for keeping in touch with far flung family members, and with musician's (still the preponderance of my FB "friends") I'd recorded and played with down through the years; and helpful in providing a presence for my businesses for a few years, has now turned to self serving, greedy, commercial, and dangerous to your privacy crap.

Since retiring, and the advent of the SJW's the past few years, its just gotten too tedious to keep up with.

Having little interest in a world full of idiot's opinions, never had a use whatsoever for twitter.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    karlac,

Agreed.

Like others have posted this and (one other gun forum in the far north) consists of my total social media presence - I'm social media anorexic to say the least......

Does this insulate me from e-privacy concerns?

No, it does however cause me to think my social media presence is at least eclectic......and my e-footprint rather low key...well, in comparison to rabid/non-stop 'look at me - look at me' folk...I hope....

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    It was just starting to get popular with the students in universities around the country, and initially it was a good way to keep up with my daughters, one in the US and one in the UK, and without a lot of security concerns ...
    What was/is wrong with email?

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Gab is wonderful. You can speak your mind on it. Much more eclectic group of folks then the liberal dominant facebook.

You'll be much happier on Gab.
    I am already much happier. Thanks. I love it so far. I only had to twit filter one idiot once I figgered out how to do it. He accused me of having illicit maternal ancestors and other such devious stuff.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Being honest, this place use to be that way. Any unclean thought dealing with the presence of fire arms was strictly either banned or cussed down.

It changed. If you're not a murderous MF'er. Have some truth of heart. Then this is the place to Speak up'. This was the initial purpose. Key word, Texas.

I was once a member of 'TOTSE'. This isn't the internet it was intended to be.

However that doesn't mean a degradation in decorum. Depending on the website. I see this place as polite yet serious. It's about guns after all.
    That is all why I am HERE on a Texas gun forum instead Indiana.

I was actually banned from an Indiana hunting forum for hurting a guys feelings by copying from the Indiana DNR web page the EXACT words from the regulations to ANSWER HIS QUESTION he repeatedly could not "understand". Nothing more in the post, nothing less, after days of his arguing he couldn't understand why he couldn't hunt deer with a black powder revolver. Guy wants to break the law. I advise him it is against the law. He don't understand and I post the exact regulation. I GET BANNED.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Why does anyone even use Facebook?

I use it all the time, every day.

I'd never even see or talk to any blood relatives any other way. At least we never did before FB. My 30 something single son, I might not even recognize him if I didn't see him on facebook once in a while.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    That is all why I am HERE on a Texas gun forum instead Indiana.

I was actually banned from an Indiana hunting forum for hurting a guys feelings by copying from the Indiana DNR web page the EXACT words from the regulations to ANSWER HIS QUESTION he repeatedly could not "understand". Nothing more in the post, nothing less, after days of his arguing he couldn't understand why he couldn't hunt deer with a black powder revolver. Guy wants to break the law. I advise him it is against the law. He don't understand and I post the exact regulation. I GET BANNED.
    That's pretty bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Why does anyone even use Facebook?

For many it's a place to connect to family and those from your past. A childhood friend found me on FB after 40 years of no contact. We have met for lunch a few times. Another close friend who lived a block away from me connected on FB. We had lunch a couple weekends, and have vacationed a couple times with our families.

But mostly it's keeping up with distant family. I get to see siblings, cousins, etc and their kids. I really enjoy seeing my nieces and nephews kids. It's a large family, and they live in every corner of the country, from California to Virginia.

When politico rolls around, I make myself scarce. When it's not fun, I take a FB vacation.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    After trying to enlighten a godless liberal..i got sentenced to 30 days hard time. Guess it was because I was considered a repeat offender. Dont think I chat with many of this esteemed group over there but if so hope yall dont miss me too bad. lol. In the meantime have stumbled over what seems a more rational variant called Gab.com. If I get in trouble over there..I will just give up on trying to be helpful to liberals. Somebody had already stole my screen name so I am posing as OnieGaggins over there. Thanks.

I heard of them. I was in facebook jail right before the election. Apparently people were upset about my biology lesson on parasites and hosts. I was talking about illegal immigrants and countries but its the same principle.

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    After trying to enlighten a godless liberal..i got sentenced to 30 days hard time. Guess it was because I was considered a repeat offender. Dont think I chat with many of this esteemed group over there but if so hope yall dont miss me too bad. lol. In the meantime have stumbled over what seems a more rational variant called Gab.com. If I get in trouble over there..I will just give up on trying to be helpful to liberals. Somebody had already stole my screen name so I am posing as OnieGaggins over there. Thanks.
    ,I myself was booted nearly 7 years ago now exiled permantly for not changing my name (and Quoting scripture ) i waz tbarknives there since faceook started but since i refused to curb my habit of answering truthfully to anyone who ask they suspended me until i changed my name to my name .i didnt comply

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There are alternatives such as Gab, Minds, Vidme, and BitChute. However, they're all vulnerable when the big guys find an excuse to go after them.

This video mostly talks about Gab but it's applicable more broadly.

Top Bottom