• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I thought ANY knife was "illegal" if Po-Po on the spot says so.
    You might be able to fight it in court later but if Officer KnotsoFriendly doesn't like the look on your face that day you're going to jail.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Dangit, sign me up for the next BP shoot. I need to get my Rogers & Spenser back in presentable condition. Still got the Remington, Springfield, and JP Murray I can bring. Maybe my fiancé will bring her Pennsylvania rifle.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I have an original Colt 1851 that was made in 1860 but I don't know if I should use it or just look at it once in a while.
    150 years is pretty old for metal but it appears to be in OK shape. The barrel is really rough but has visible lands/grooves.
    When I got it from my Granny in the 1980s it was in a flap holster with powder still in one cylinder. It was seized but it was also missing the trigger, hand and barrel wedge. I got the new parts from Dixie Gun Works back in the 80s and got it working.

She said it belonged to a US Marshal out of Wyoming or Colorado. It was his personal gun and was given to my Great,Great??????? Grandfather by his widow.

I bought a box of Hornady .375 round lead balls but.....................I am hesitant about actually putting BP substitute (I have a BUNCH of different kinds) in it and firing it. I have loaded it with Pyrodex and aluminum foil 'bullets' and it 'makes noise/smoke' on the 4th of July.

She also gave me a 1864 Springfield 'Bannerman shotgun'. It used to be a Springfield Rifle/Musket but was cut short and bored out to be a poor man's shotgun. It is 'sorta' 17 or 18 gauge. She told me that she traded a broken wood burning stove (Grandpa got a NEWer one) during the depression for the gun from a black man that had a horse drawn cart collecting scrap. He would come down the street and sell or trade things along the way. He probably got alot more for the cast iron stove than for a POS Civil War era gun.

I have put a bunch of Pyrodex and aluminum foil through that also. A palm full of lead shot will likely not hurt the gun much. Skeet shooting would be chore reloading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next TGT Hicksville I will try to remember to bring them. View attachment 36465 View attachment 36466 View attachment 36467

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    FWIW, I'd let the old '51 rest.
    It will shoot like crap and there is a chance you'll wreck it. Once broken it can't be replaced. Put it on the mantle and buy a reproduction.

Iff'n y'all want to do a BP range day somebody pick a spot and lets do it. Now that the weather is cooling off it will be nice.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Black Powder:

If you can still see the target by the time you're empty, you aren't trying hard enough.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    FWIW, I'd let the old '51 rest.
    It will shoot like crap and there is a chance you'll wreck it. Once broken it can't be replaced. Put it on the mantle and buy a reproduction.

Iff'n y'all want to do a BP range day somebody pick a spot and lets do it. Now that the weather is cooling off it will be nice.
    C'mon man. You helped me shoot my rifle of the same vintage.

It is in pretty good shape though. Bring it to Hicksville - even if it is a wall hanger - it would be cool to oogle Mr. Jaguar.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yeah it would. Had friend years ago that hada room full of stuff dating to the late 1700s. He would have to drag me from that room. The craftsmanship on some of that stuff was amazing.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom