• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Got to hold a few offerings from FN today. I forgot how slim the FAL's are, and I really have taken a liking to them. I know there were a few FAL fans on here. What is the going rate for the rifles, and is there anything to look out for?

How's the accuracy compared to say a G3 or 20" AR?

brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    Got to hold a few offerings from FN today. I forgot how slim the FAL's are, and I really have taken a liking to them. I know there were a few FAL fans on here. What is the going rate for the rifles, and is there anything to look out for?

How's the accuracy compared to say a G3 or 20" AR?

All your questions and a lot more will be answered here: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/

There are a few crappy builds out there; it pays to take someone with you who knows what to look for before you buy one. That's what I did - I only have one (so far) but it is the most fun to shoot rifle I have ever had. I paid $650 for mine a few years ago; an Imbel gear-logo receiver gun bought from a friend of a friend and looked over by master FAL-smith Randy Kline in Mansfield. I'm very happy with it.

The accuracy is as good as the HK-91 I used to have, once I upgraded the front sight to a cross-hairs peep. One thing about the FAL, you are pretty much stuck with mounting any optics on the top dust cover which is not near as stable as other rifle platforms IMO.

Hope this helps, but the FAL files forums are the fount of all knowledge and there are lots of members in Texas who are glad to help.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I had an Imbel FAL that was a good rifle.The one I had was not as accurate as my AR but was fun to shoot.Centerfiresystems.com has them for $699.DSarms are expensive but they make an awesome FAL.

Centuryhouse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    There are a few crappy builds out there; it pays to take someone with you who knows what to look for before you buy one. ....
    The accuracy is as good as the HK-91 I used to have, once I upgraded the front sight to a cross-hairs peep. One thing about the FAL, you are pretty much stuck with mounting any optics on the top dust cover which is not near as stable as other rifle platforms IMO.

I've owned 4 FAL rifles so far. Two were Century Arms 'crappy' builds which were around $600 each. One had issues feeding. The other was fine but I didn't want to play around with any potential issues after the other one was so bad, so I sold it too.

Then I bought a nice FAL w Imbel receiver & Imbel kit - $750 from a gun board classified. Great FAL! Then I bought another off of the same board and for the same price - it is an STG-58 kit on an Imbel receiver. Again, very nice and shoots great!

DSA makes the only solid, reliable receiver cover mount for aroun $80-90. Really nice quality and solid.

I am interested in the crosshairs front sight mentioned by brainiac! I shot an SKS recently that had one of those sights and I was shocked at how much that improved the accuracy over standard sites!

Top Bottom