• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "The Pacific" is a new series being created by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. It's going to be a Band of Brothers set in the Pacific theater.

:patriot:
    Venture Surplus ad

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    I'll have to check it out, for some reason I just couldn't get into Band of Brothers. I understand it was following them from start to finish, but it just started so slow and I was a bit to young at the time, coming off from Saving Private Ryan where the first thirty minutes of the movie is just all action. But being set in the Pacific should be interesting, so I'm assuming it will follow the Marines. Is it going to be an HBO series?

And speaking of SPR, for any fans of The Unit, the guy who plays Mack is in Saving Private Ryan. He plays the Corporal in charge of the small team where they find Ryan.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I was a fan of the unit. The first two seasons were pretty good, had a lot of decent technical accuracy in the weapons handling, tactics (at least from my layman's perspective), etc. With the episode last Sunday, this show has gone overboard though and has been going downhill since last season. I think they might not possibly be receiving any more professional instruction as they've come up with some pretty ridiculous plots, character actions, etc. Just last episode, one of the guys brought his wife along on a mission to assassinate a couple of people, because he was too unstable since he had become a heroin addict because of the last episode where he was captured, tortured, and heroin forced on him. Then the team leader spent the episode finding, capturing, then throwing away the "Spear of Destiny", IE - the spear that pierced Jesus' side. Seriously, WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!

Another excellent show from a few years ago that showed a decent amount of technical accuracy (then went downhill like The Unit) was Soldier of Fortune aka Special Ops Force.

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    Oh I agree, last Sunday's episode quite fully jumped the shark with Delta sword fighting against Monks.

I mean, as cool as that is...

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I guess I am bias to B.O.B. since I was an Airborne Infantry soldier. They do an excellent job the entire time and especially in the start of building the characters and showing the "little" things that happen between the men. I have known at least one of those characters used in that series. I have served under a Cpt. Sobel and Lt. Nixon. I have been the enlisted soldier who becomes an NCO and has to "say goodbye" to his friends. EXCELLENT piece of work for sure. As for the UNIT, I could just never get into it.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    We'll I guess maybe the articles the author wrote didn't get as much of a welcome reception as his movie when they first came out.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom