• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Trying to get farm plates for a truck, my question is does the farm business have to own the truck, in order to obtain or can a individual that owns the farm (the property) under the registration in their name, and obtain the same farm plates.
    ARJ Defense ad

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Here ya go:
    [url]http://rts.texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/txdotrts/SpecialPlateOrderServlet?grpid=80&pltid=205[/URL]

Take time to read the regulations. I don't know your intended purpose, but this isn't a good way to get out of higher registraton fees......farm plates are not good for general use of vehicles.

A farm truck is a vehicle operated for the purpose of transporting the owner's poultry, dairy, livestock, livestock products, timber in its natural state, and farm products to market or to other points for sale or processing, or for the transportation of laborers from their place of residence, and materials, tools, equipment and supplies, without charge, from the place of purchase or storage to the owner's farm or ranch, exclusively for the owner's use on such farm or ranch. The vehicle may not be used in connection with other gainful employment other than farming or ranching.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Not trying to get out of taxes, just have a farm that needs a truck.

I was just wanting to make sure you knew that by getting those plates, the use of the vehicle becomes a bit 'limited'. We have a couple of them on the ranch. They are good for their intended purpose, which is to allow your farm truck to get off the farm now & then for business errands.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    well the farm is two hours north from round rock and the only way to get up there is with a full size truck and 4wd. Have to hail feed, hay etc up there.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have a good friend that has farms tags on every thing but his wife's mini van.
    He does every now and then get pulled over in his late model Dodge 1 ton when it is all nice and clean. But as soon at the LEO looks in the bed it is a "sorry for the stop sir" and then some other BS - never a ticket.
    If it looks like a farm truck you have no worries.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I had farm plates on my old truck that I would to and from High school every day but I got regular plates when the registration was up. If the farm is two hours away you might be in violation I don't know tho. I think it also has to be registered to the farm or in the same county. If I were you I would go with the regular plates. Is it the diesel You told me about? Or is it a gas motor? I don't think farm tags will keep you from doing an emissions test.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    not worried about emissions, the truck has a fairly new 360. Well thats what I wanna know is do I have to have it registered in mills county? Thats where the bank account is etc. The farm's address is our home address.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I can't believe this thread keeps going.

If it's a farm truck; register it that way. It's simple. And the address is always the home address. A bank has nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom