• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have to give a huge thanks to the crew at Shiloh for getting me out to John's class. Over 10 years in the Military shooting community and I have never had training on a level that I did this past weekend. For anyone who is thinking of going, John teaches from experience, these are tactics and skills that EVERYONE who carries can benefit from, no matter what your training level. This is not an IDPA class, as was learned by a few out there, nor is it a class geared just for military/leo, this class is for ANYBODY who carries a gun. It was made all the better by being part of "That group from Shiloh". I dont think I have had as much fun at a training cycle since I got to play with C4. The Shiloh group set the bar pretty damn high out there. Everyone from Shiloh who attended left with their advanced pin, and I had never seen anyone bump fire a 1911 until Machine Gun Ngoc took the stage. (No, he didnt really bump fire, but I swear his STI has a burst setting on it...) Come hell or high water I will be there again in October. I am also going to try and make it a point to be at Shiloh at least one Tuesday or Wednsday a month, these skills are perishable folks and we need to keep them sharp as well as pass them on to as many competant shooters as we can, as John says "Continue to teach, so that those who come after us dont have to learn the same painfully hard lessons we did...." By the way, the Rotator is an evil b@%#*! And no my mags are not backwards... (anymore).
    Venture Surplus ad

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    after the first few hours, i gave up on the s&w sigma because of the 10 rnd mags. it was just too difficult to run the course with low capacity mags. the few that had 1911s had 10+ mags to go with it while i only had 2 mags with the sigma.

i want to make it a point to get a weekend off every now and then to take advantage of Dr. Tobin's invitation. wrd.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    after the first few hours, i gave up on the s&w sigma because of the 10 rnd mags. it was just too difficult to run the course with low capacity mags. the few that had 1911s had 10+ mags to go with it while i only had 2 mags with the sigma.

Nobody cares! Don't forget the "mud, the blood and the beer" speech.

I'm feeling like crap right now. Between the chilly weather and standing downwind from Chuck's contagious ass, I've got the flu or something. THANKS!!!!

It was a great weekend, though. It's amazing how you see you own and others' skills progress over the two days of shooting. Shooting isn't like golf. A novice shooter immersed in this brutal course can emerge a near expert by the second day. Yes, it hurts... but it's worth it.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It was a great weekend, though. It's amazing how you see you own and others' skills progress over the two days of shooting. Shooting isn't like golf. A novice shooter immersed in this brutal course can emerge a near expert by the second day. Yes, it hurts... but it's worth it.

Amen to that! Besides it doesn't hurt much, right.

Top Bottom