fast deer cleaning

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
The knife is the secret.
Even a novice can do it in under 4 minutes with a good knife and loss of a finger or two, LOL!!!!
I use to do a LOT of butchering and the knife makes all the difference in the world.
My all time fastest kill to freezer (completely butchered) was less than a hour including the grinding for hamburger and sausage. (less making the sausage)
If I had to do it today it would probably take three hours.
I just don't hunt anymore.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
I agree. Most people go with a big knife, which is a mistake. The knife I use is a fixed blade that's actually smaller than any locking knife I've carried.

Small, somewhat narrow and sharp!
I used what is called a modified bone out knife.
Thick at the hilt with a fast tapper to thin rib, fairly flexible, 8 in long total length, from wide at the hilt with a scalloped turn to the main blade descending down to a point. and razor sharp.
This type of blade allows you too go between skin and hide, bone and joint.
With a longer version (10 - 12 in and very flexible) of this blade you can de-bone a hind roast and it look like it was done with a laser. Trim meat next the the shoulder bone like slicing butter with a hot knife.
Another little secret to slicing chicken fry,jerky meat is a thin Asian vegetable knife. These look like very thin clever with a slightly curved cutting edge and thin rib and hilt.
Dam I should have done a video and sold them. LOL!!!!!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
Stop pokin' the guts with the tip and you'll be ok.
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Maybe safety scissors would be better - just POKIN fun

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads